Director of Impact, BBC Children in Need
At Children in Need, we know that every child deserves a childhood that is safe, happy and secure. Thanks to the generosity of the UK public, we are able to achieve this by collaborating, finding and funding the inspiring ideas that change the lives of children and young people. We currently fund approximately 2,500 projects to a value of 130m, across every corner of the UK.
Over the past 30 years, BBC Children in Need has raised over 840 million to help disadvantaged children and young people in the UK to be safe, happy, secure and to reach their potential.
This role directly supports the above strategy and therefore is critical in dynamically driving forward the aims of the Charity. As Director of Impact you willprovide strategic impact and funding leadership and guidance to the Executive Team, Board and the wider organisation.
Key responsibilities include :
- Leading the Grant Making Team across the UK and working closely with Executive Team Colleagues and the Board to deliver an Impact Strategy
- Establish Impact Governance including decision making, quality, safeguarding and risk
- Work with COO on the development of a plan to implement the funding formula from responsive to proactive including core funding themes
- Identify, understand and make the case for new impact opportunities that will enable BBC CiN to take its strategy forward.
- Regularly review grant making decision making and systems and procedures with COO to ensure efficient and effective decision making
- Work with the leadership team across the organisation to ensure the implementation of the BBC CiN Strategy.
- Create links with other potential partners
Please see attached job description for more details.
The Ideal Candidate
Were seeking a collaborative, inclusive and engaging leader with the following skills and experience:
- Evidence of strategic development and change management working closely with Executive colleagues and Board and committee members.
- An understanding of the children and young peoples public policy environment across the UK
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the UK grant making and funding landscape desirable but not essential.
Please note the interviews for this position will not take place until week commencing 4th September.
About the Company
We dont focus simply on what we do we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure youve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below. Youll be asked questions relating to them as part of your application for this role.
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their backgroun