The BBC Workforce Diversity & Inclusion Team provide expertise on all inclusion, diversity & accessibility matters across the BBC Group using internal and external insight and data to develop diversity strategy, policies and guidance.
We are now looking for a Diversity & Inclusion Lead to join our team. This role is part of the BBC Group D&I Team and will focus on supporting BBC Studios.
The BBC Studios D&I plan was launched in 2021 and we have ambitious targets to meet within the next 3 years. The postholder will be responsible for ensuring that the BBC Studios D&I strategy and objectives are prioritised and delivered within this timeframe.
The Diversity & Inclusion Business Partner will be responsible for:
- Contributing to the development, implementation, delivery and governing of BBCS workforce diversity & inclusion strategy & policies across BBC Studios globally.
- Ensuring that Inclusion, diversity, accessibility, compliance & reporting is in place and operating effectively
- Providing the divisional leadership team with subject matter expertise on all aspects of diversity & inclusion
- Contributing to the design of diversity & inclusion programmes, BBCS initiatives, internal and external events
- Driving consistency of approach across the BBCS in attracting, managing and developing talent to support current and future organisational needs
- Coaching and building capability of senior managers on approach and response to diversity & inclusion strategy and plans and to anticipate and pre-empt organisational issues.
- Working closely with all BBCS / BBC HR colleagues to ensure that tools and policies are aligned, enhance employee engagement and ultimately improve performance
- Working with talent managers inside and outside BBCS to deliver entry-level initiatives designed to provide long-term change.
- Using data and analytics to measure the effectiveness of tools and policies and understand the landscape for further improvement.
- Building relationships and form alliances with external counterparts, communities of practice and stakeholders to scan for innovations and opportunities to form partnerships.
- Being an ambassador for the function and represent the BBCS internally and externally on Diversity and Inclusion
The Ideal Candidate
We're looking for people who are truly passionate about making positive changes and using their expertise to create great working culture.
The skills and experience we are looking for are:
- Relevant Diversity and Inclusion experience gained in large complex matrix organisation(s) with multiple stakeholders
- Experience of implementing D and I strategy and broad knowledge and application of interventions from all protected characteristics
- Knowledge of current thinking in Diversity and Inclusion issues and trends and evidence of Continuing Professional Development
- Extensive experience of operating in a business partner model, working with local managers to create positive business outcomes
- Is ready and able to take the initiative, originate action and be responsible for the consequences of the decisions made
- Good communicator and able to influence stakeholders at all levels.
- Actively engage with colleagues to promote diversity, equality and inclusion.
- Leverage partnerships with key stakeholders and industry bodies to drive culture change and enhance brand reputation
- Act as a role model for inclusive behaviour at all times
If this sounds like you, even if you don't tick all the boxes, we'd love to hear from you!
Contract type: Permanent
Location: W12, London
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days (1 of which is a corporation day) with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
The situation regarding the coronavirus outbreak is developing quickly and the BBC is keen to continue to ensure the safety and wellbeing of people across the BBC, while continuing to protect our services. To reduce the risk access to BBC buildings is limited to those essential to our broadcast output. From Wednesday 18th March until further notice all assessments and interviews will be conducted remotely. For more information go to https://www.bbc.co.uk/careers/
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here