This is a business support role providing a transport service as part of a dedicated team/function within the BBC.
Main responsibilities and accountabilities are to:
- To transport management, staff, talent and/or props/setting to and from locations.
- To collect and deliver items of importance such as props, costumes and other equipment/information as required.
- Conduct daily safety checks and inspection of vehicles along with any maintenance and cleaning of vehicles.
- To ensure vehicle license and registration is done timeously
- To procure the best possible pricing for any maintenance and repairs to the fleet
- To provide a report of fleet mileage on a monthly basis on deadline date
- Assist teams in plotting routes and preparation of movements.
- Undertake longer journeys to and from special events when necessary.
- Pick up and drop off hire vehicles when required.
- Liaising with other teams to assess when additional drivers may be required and booking them.
Are you the right candidate?
- Clean and valid driving license (and for insurance purposes be over the age of 23) as there will be a requirement to drive BBC issued vehicles.
- Possession of valid PDP, as is required in South Africa
- Experience of driving a wide variety of different vehicle types.
- Considerable experience and demonstrable ability within the role.
- Resilience and stamina sufficient to sustain performance when under pressure from tight schedules.
- Evidence of interpersonal and communication skills sufficient to establish credibility with colleagues and to foster effective working relationships with a wide range of stakeholders, internal and external to the BBC.
- Effective time-management and self-scheduling abilities.
Local terms and conditions apply.
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Any offer of employment with the BBC will be conditional upon you having the right to work in South Africa
About the BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here