Award-winning comedy series, Class Dismissed is back for a 6th Series, filming 9 x 15 minute episodes. This mockumentary-style sketch show follows the day-to-day life of the pupils at Quayside Academy, where there are some truly extraordinary teachers.
We are looking for 1x Manchester based Location Floor Runner to work on the series during our filming which is from Monday, 26th July to Friday, 27th August (five weeks) Monday to Friday. There will be one day’s prep.
We are also looking for 1x Manchester based Office Runner/Driver to work on the series from Monday, 12th July until Friday, 3rd September (8 weeks).
The filming dates are Monday, 26th July to Friday, 27th August (five weeks) Monday to Friday with two weeks prep and one week clear up.
Location Floor Runner Responsibilities
- Ordering items and shopping for production
- Driving a production vehicle
- Deliveries/ Collections
- Sanitising equipment and tiding up, adhering to COVID-19 guidelines
- Completing lunch runs for cast
- Tea runs for cast and crew
- Help to manage the kit
- Assist the 2nd AD with the Supporting Artists
- Distribute paperwork such as scripts, H&S Safety notices etc
Office Runner Responsibilities
Within a Production office environment duties will typically include:
- Acting as a point of contact for a range of both internal and external stakeholders, ensuring that these are given a positive image of the BBC and the department.
- Duties will also involve filing/distributing paperwork, photocopying, data entry, arranging meals, and transportation for artists/crew etc.
On-set / on-location duties will typically include:
- Acting as a courier, helping to ensure correct facilities are available and distributing call sheets, Health and Safety notices, and other paperwork.
- Assisting with On-Screen Talent and Supporting Artists.
The Ideal Candidate
For both roles you will need to be a confident driver - Please note the successful candidate doesn’t require their own car/ business insurance as this will be provided but must be a confident driver.
The general rule to be insured via BBC insurance is that drivers under 23 driving vehicles on BBC business can be considered as long as they have at least one year’s driving experience, drive at least 1000 miles per annum and have no current motoring convictions or had any accidents within the last three years.
Please only apply if over 23 with a clean driver’s license OR if you meet the criteria above.
Location Floor Runner
The ideal candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Ability to relay messages quickly and accurately whilst paying due regard to the need for silence when on set
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills, be able to take orders and to show tact towards crew and cast
- Be organised and have a good attention to detail
- Be punctual and enthusiastic
- Be able to contribute to good working relationships, and to creating a positive atmosphere on the production while remaining professional
- Understand the importance of recording any expenditure accurately
- Be computer literate in word, spreadsheet and e-mail programs
- Be aware of data protection rules and act inline with GDPR
The purpose of this role is to provide support to production/department teams in the office, on location by performing a number of production related supportive tasks and activities.
You will need to demonstrate:
- A knowledge, or the ability to acquire it, of BBC Structures, Procedures and Policies.
- Passion for broadcasting and the media
- Ability to use IT proficiently, including a range of software packages.
- A demonstrable aptitude for detail and accuracy in all areas.
- Interpersonal and communication skills sufficient to establish and maintain effective relations with a wide range of internal and external contacts.
- Effective time management and organisational skills and the initiative to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to prioritise a conflicting workload efficiently and to maintain standards of accuracy and attention to detail when working to deadlines or changing priorities.
- Resilience and stamina to sustain performance when under pressure from a high volume of work and conflicting priorities, with a flexible approach to deal with a changing environment.
- Ability to use own initiative with confidence, using judgement to escalate where necessary.
- Contribute to the creative vision of the team.
- An up to date knowledge of the BBC's diverse audiences and their needs and expectations and use this to contribute to creative and engaging output.
- The ability to problem solve and suggest effective solutions.
- Awareness of financial responsibility, as may be required to keep track of petty cash and receipt recordkeeping.
This role requires a relevant DBS check to be undertaken by the BBC at the appropriate level, at the point of offer of a contract of employment.
Contract type: 2 x Contracts
Office Runner – 5th July to 27th August
Floor Runner – 26th July to 27th August
Location: MediaCityUK, Salford
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days (1 of which is a corporation day) with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
The situation regarding the coronavirus outbreak is developing quickly and the BBC is keen to continue to ensure the safety and wellbeing of people across the BBC, while continuing to protect our services. To reduce the risk access to BBC buildings is limited to those essential to our broadcast output. From Wednesday 18th March until further notice all assessments and interviews will be conducted remotely. For more information go to https://www.bbc.co.uk/careers/
Mae’r sefyllfa gyda’r coronafeirws yn datblygu’n gyflym, ac mae’r BBC yn awyddus i barhau i sicrhau diogelwch a lles pobl ar draws y BBC, gan barhau i warchod ein gwasanaethau hefyd. I leihau’r risg, dim ond y bobl sy’n hanfodol i’n hallbwn darlledu fydd yn cael mynediad i adeiladau’r BBC. O ddydd Mercher 18fed Mawrth ymlaen, bydd pob asesiad a chyfweliad yn cael ei gynnal o bell, nes rhoddir gwybod yn wahanol. I gael mwy o wybodaeth, ewch i https://www.bbc.co.uk/careers/
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here