The BBC is the leading Children's broadcaster in the UK. We are proud of the award winning content we make across all platforms – television, online, radio, apps, YouTube, social media and more. BBC Children's is committed to offering the best cross-platform and on-demand service for all UK children, providing a trusted environment which is enriching, enabling and relevant to the under 16's. Our content seeks to entertain, inform and empower children, adding real value to their lives.
The Children's Content and Programming Strategy team own BBC Children’s relationship with the audience. We cover everything from Presentation to publishing on our TV Channels, CBeebies and CBBC, as well as iPlayer. We oversee Children’s digital platforms for 0-16s, including Newsround and our suite of CBeebies apps for our youngest audience, as well as our growing YouTube portfolio and social media channels. We’re responsible for working closely with programme makers, Design & Engineering and the wider BBC to ensure our brilliant content and products reach as big an audience as possible.
The Media Coordinator will:
- Liaise with contacts (internal and external) to see through all stages of final delivery through to publication and ensuring agreed assets are provided and signed off by the appropriate Executive.
- Enter programme metadata into WON, iBroadcast and iSite (TV/On Demand Scheduling Systems)
- Help maintain ‘off schedule’ plans and execute the strategy for Premieres, Exclusives and Previews, provide support to those production teams delivering content for iPlayer and ensure content publishes smoothly to platform.
- Manipulate availability windows for any brands publishing as a boxset.
- Cover for other Publishing and Media Co-Ordinators
The Ideal Candidate
- Excellent IT skills and experience of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and database management systems.
- Experience in an administrative role, coordinating projects, prioritising work, meeting changing deadlines and knowledge of the post production process.
- Experience of accurately and effectively dealing with large volumes of information and a high attention to detail.
- Problem solver / Pro-active / uses own initiative
- Passion for Children’s programmes and interest in scheduling and curation
Please note, this role requires a relevant DBS check to be undertaken by the BBC at the appropriate level, at the point of offer of a contract of employment.
Contract type: 5 month FTC/Attachment (backfill for attachment)
Location: Media City, Salford
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days (1 of which is a corporation day) with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
The situation regarding the coronavirus outbreak is developing quickly and the BBC is keen to continue to ensure the safety and wellbeing of people across the BBC, while continuing to protect our services. To reduce the risk access to BBC buildings is limited to those essential to our broadcast output. From Wednesday 18th March until further notice all assessments and interviews will be conducted remotely. For more information go to https://www.bbc.co.uk/careers/
Mae’r sefyllfa gyda’r coronafeirws yn datblygu’n gyflym, ac mae’r BBC yn awyddus i barhau i sicrhau diogelwch a lles pobl ar draws y BBC, gan barhau i warchod ein gwasanaethau hefyd. I leihau’r risg, dim ond y bobl sy’n hanfodol i’n hallbwn darlledu fydd yn cael mynediad i adeiladau’r BBC. O ddydd Mercher 18fed Mawrth ymlaen, bydd pob asesiad a chyfweliad yn cael ei gynnal o bell, nes rhoddir gwybod yn wahanol. I gael mwy o wybodaeth, ewch i https://www.bbc.co.uk/careers/
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here