EOI - Producer, Commissioning, BBC Food
BBC Food is the most delicious part of the BBC website with over 10,000 inspirational recipes, how-to videos, articles on current food issues, health and diet advice. We publish recipes from programmes on the BBC as well as supporting our public service goals of encouraging healthy eating, teaching cooking skills and supporting audiences with variable dietary needs and budgets.
We are actively pursuing younger audiences with content and features that make it easy to learn to cook, whatever their budget, skill level and diet.
We are commissioning a package of short form video content to support a money-saving campaign to deliver in September/October. (These are currently being advertised on bbc.co.uk/commissioning.)
We are looking for a commissioning producer to start from the beginning of July to work with the BBC Food team and the independent production company to oversee production and delivery of this digital-first content.
Are you the right candidate?
We are looking for someone with the following skills and experience:
- proven experience of producing/edit producing broadcast quality food video, including recipe content (please include links to examples)
- proven experience in writing and editing scripts and public-facing text, preferably recipes
- proven project management skills with proven experience of delivery to deadlines
- excellent attention to detail in ensuring that all information in the films is complete and accurate, safeguarding the BBC’s values of trust and quality
- excellent communication skills in creating briefs and delivering feedback
- understanding of the requirements of digital: style, best practice, production and distribution
- understanding of the needs of a young/novice audience around learning to cook, especially on a budget
While this role is based in Bristol with the BBC Food team, it will involve travel to shoots.
Please note we are not related to BBC Good Food, the magazine and website owned by Immediate Media.
Contract type: FTC/attachment to start asap -2-3 days until October
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days holiday with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
About the BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, social background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here