***You must be legally authorized to work in the United States in order to be considered for this role.
This role is responsible for executing the email marketing program for BritBox across multiple territories. You’ll own all parts of email operations, preparing each email send, ensuring every email reaches the right audience at the right time, continually optimizing and testing to ensure high performance and achieve our retention & conversion goals.
This role reports to the Director of Retention & CRM.
- Manage email operations for all sends, maintaining a high level of accuracy & ensuring all deadlines are met
- Oversee all email creative, designing and using layouts within our email platform, and working alongside creative resources for copy and imagery
- Prepare all email campaigns for send, including finalizing templates, checks and signoffs such as links, compatibility with major email clients, desktop/mobile, image size, etc.
- Segment our email lists based on customer lifecycle, affinity and email preferences to deepen engagement & improve conversion
- Ensure we adhere to email marketing rules for all territories we send in, from CAN-SPAM to CASL and beyond.
- Be our resident expert on our platform’s recommendation tools & email template personalization
- Continually monitor email key metrics (opens, clicks, opt-out)
- Implement an A/B testing program for opens, clicks and conversions
- Live and breathe email best practices, recommending new ideas & functionality for creative and ensuring our lists are always in peak health
- Maintain a deep understanding of our customer lifecycle, across all platforms and products and understand how email touches each part of the customer journey
- Push notifications & customer touchpoints / direct member communications
- Keep up-to-date documentation of all email transactions, and proactively identify and make changes as products or features are introduced or changed.
The Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 2-3 years of experience working in digital and email marketing
- Strong analytical and project management skills
- Process-driven and detail-oriented self-starter, takes initiative, with the ability to juggle multiple priorities
- Understanding of email fundamentals: opt-in legislation, segmentation, list/data management, KPIs, etc.
- Experience in HTML/CSS/Liquid preferred
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here