Do you want to be part of the transformation of talent acquisition at one of the world’s most high-profile media organisations and be a driving force behind its talent outreach strategy?
Are you an accomplished talent acquisition outreach expert, who would like to influence the transformation and future success of talent acquisition at the BBC? Would you like to support the organisation at a time when you will play a critical role in helping it make an even greater impact across the world, arguably when the world has never needed it more?
The BBC is the world’s leading public service broadcaster. We’re impartial and independent and every day we create distinctive, world-class programmes and content which inform, educate and entertain millions of people around the world. Our 22,000 employees are driven by our five inspiring public purposes and you’ll need to be deeply inspired and motivated by them too.
We are on a journey of transformation. An enterprise-wide cultural and organisational evolution, that will unlock and amplify the potential in all our existing and future employees to deliver value for all audiences. And we need world-class talent to join and help us deliver this aspiration.
As well as being responsible for the deployment of the BBCs inclusive talent acquisition outreach strategy across the whole enterprise and at all levels of recruitment, you’ll be joining at a time when our entire Talent Acquisition team itself is also undergoing transformation and evolving, to help deliver on the BBC’s vision.
How could a typical week look? We’ve recently been at the Creative Cities Convention in Birmingham, at the R1BigWeekend in Coventry with a CV Masterclass and supporting Future Skills Week in Salford.
You’ll be helping us to deliver world-class talent event management, community networking and pro-actively identifying opportunities to build networks aligned to our skills, whilst contributing to our evolving BBC strategic and commercial objectives.
- Contribute to the ongoing review of the talent acquisition outreach strategy and approach, making adjustments as required to ensure this continues to meet the wider BBC workforce plans.
- As part of the Employer Brand team, partner with Internal Communications & Engagement, D&I, Sourcing teams and Early Careers Academy team to contribute to the development and deployment of a consistent approach to outreach and ensure alignment in messaging, branding, channels and collateral where appropriate as well as potential opportunities to collaborate in aid of the talent acquisition/outreach agenda.
- Work with Employer Brand, Operations and Insights and Early Careers Academy team to carry out in-depth analysis of data from a variety of sources (i.e., careers site, job boards, Google Analytics, etc.) to extract insights about recruitment outreach effectiveness and areas of optimization and to provide regular reporting on effectiveness of talent acquisition impact.
- Engage appropriate talent acquisition outreach ambassadors from across the business to support recruitment outreach activities accordingly.
- Deliver targeted outreach campaigns and events to support the attraction of critical and hard to source roles and to grow the BBC brand and reputation.
- Build relationships with and act as the specialist point of contact for any division on strategic recruitment outreach, offering guidance, advice and support and influence forward thinking strategic workforce and resourcing plans.
- Ensure inclusive recruitment outreach processes and practice and contribute to build outreach knowledge and capability across the evolving Talent Acquisition team.
- Work with Talent Acquisition counterparts to position the BBC as an employer of choice in the external market, enabling the BBC to attract the future skills and capabilities to deliver the BBC’s strategic priorities while also supporting the development and promotion of talent already in the organization.
- Be a visible member of the Talent Acquisition team, actively contributing to the wider Talent Acquisition and People and Organisational Development strategy and goals as appropriate.
- Build relationships and form alliances with external counterparts, communities of practice and stakeholders to keep informed of external trends and best practice and to scan for innovations and opportunities to form partnerships.
- Be an ambassador for the function and represent the BBC Talent Acquisition team internally and externally.
The Ideal Candidate
You will no doubt already have relevant in-house talent acquisition or similar relevant outreach experience, gained in large complex corporate settings and direct experience of successfully shaping and delivering high impact outreach strategies, (at all levels), built on the back of strategic workforce planning. You’ll also have successfully developed outreach ambassador schemes and be an expert in understanding how outreach can impactfully inform the diversity, equality and inclusion aspirations of the BBC.
The challenges and aspirations listed above should truly attract and motivate you; with the opportunity to support us in building a talent acquisition team that is not only best in class, but also the envy of UK and international industry as whole. If you want to be a critical part of this challenge and your track record and area of expertise are aligned, then we’re looking forward to receiving your application.
For more information, please contact Sam Hassall via: email@example.com
Contract type: Permanent - Full Time
Location: UK - Various
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days (1 of which is a corporation day) with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here