***You must be legally authorized to work in the United States in order to be considered for this role.
Reporting to SVP of Sales this role is responsible for assisting executives (SVP, VP StoryWorks & VP East Coast Sales) managing calendars, emails, booking travel, processing expenses, supporting and coordinating with wider Sales and Content Studio teams to ensure efficient team administrative management and communication.
Success in this role relies on the ability to have exceptional organization, have an in-depth understanding of sales needs to support internal and external initiatives to help drive revenue and efficiencies. It is also essential that the role understands the media agency and advertising clients’ landscape as customer relationships & communication is also a key component of this role.
This role is ideal for someone with the ability to proactively manage multiple projects simultaneously and establish collaborative relationships at all levels across the organization.
- Support SVP, VP’s, and ensure all administrative support completed in a timely manner
- Provide administrative support to leadership team including management of calendar and timeline of key ad sales initiatives
- Collaborate with the leadership team to develop communications to the global sales teams either on an ad hoc basis or within the internal communications plan
- Process timely, accurate expense reports on behalf of SVP, VPs
- Setting agendas for weekly sales meetings, taking notes and sharing meeting minutes/actions
- Ensure all presentation material has been pre-vetted to ensure appropriate reflection of American market
- Develop a comprehensive internal communication plan for Ad Sales weekly meetings, sales trainings as well as other ad hoc events.
- Management of key industry events and planning, i.e. SXSW, Cannes and CES as well as ANA and other industry touchpoints.
- Client and agency interaction – market facing liaison across CEO / CMO network
- Build and maintain list of key CEO / CMO target clients
- Partner with SVP of sales to develop engagement strategy for key clients to ensure consistent market communication
- Support on ad hoc projects
- Coordination of on-boarding and induction process across teams including editorial, sales, marketing and StoryWorks. GNL/Sales and StoryWorks
- Proactively develop a strong network and working relationships with various constituents across the company in order to accomplish tasks on behalf of the team
Scope & Impact
- Support Leadership in internal organizational needs to drive the team and business forward
- Evaluates the pros and cons of multiple options before making decisions
- Uses a variety of influencing techniques to get people on side and actively involved with projects
- Makes accurate, timely decisions under pressure
- Build strong Relationships
Are you the right candidate?
Knowledge & Skills
- Experience working within an ad sales environment
- Work along side management to help identify key agency/client senior execs and media planners and buyers, with solid understanding of the messages that motivate and appeal to them
- Support on key client and industry events
- Experience working within a complex matrix structure strongly desirable
Technical /Functional Skills
- Proficient user of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Publisher, Excel and online Internet, & business website FTP applications, and CMS systems
- Skilled in the application of creative concepts that will bring communications alive
- Good Project Management skills and techniques
- Experienced in managing external suppliers
- Sound understanding of the ad sales environment including targets and success measures and an appreciation of the pressures and drivers associated with working in sales
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience
- Strong administrative and business support working in team structure
About the BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here