***You must be legally authorized to work in the United States in order to be considered for this role.
BBC Studios is responsible for idea development, production, distribution and channels around the globe. It has a turnover of c. £1.4 billion with over 3,000 employees globally. BBC Studios brings customers and audiences across the world distinctive and high-quality content covering a range of genres including prestige dramas, British comedy, natural history events and topical documentaries, through a unique combination of BBC values, cutting-edge craft and access to diverse talent from all markets.
The Executive Assistant will provide a high-level of administrative assistance to Executive on a one-to-one basis, acting as first point of contact and liaising extensively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Frequently liaise with senior level internal and external contacts, screening and prioritizing all forms of incoming communications, dealing with routine issues and coordinating more complex responses ensuring these are delivered in a timely and effective manner.
- Manage and organize events and meetings, including the booking of venues, travel and accommodation, to ensure effective use of Executive’s time.
- Provides a comprehensive calendar management service, including:
- Managing and scheduling of key calendar appointments ensuring effective management of the Executive’s time
- Coordinating schedule with meeting attendee/s and sending invites as far in advance as possible
- Booking the conference rooms or external locations if necessary
- Setting up the most appropriate means of telecommunications (video or voice conferencing) for a given meeting
- Identifying and arranging necessary travel and transportation
- Initiating conference calls or video chats and ensuring technology is working
- Ordering any hospitality/food in advance
- Ensuring smooth flow of the Executive’s meeting calendar on a daily basis by making sure the Executive is aware of meeting times and locations in advance.
- Ensuring the Executive is notified when meetings are running long and conflicting with other appointments, notifying meeting attendees know if any delays, and proactively identifying and resolving conflicts
- An effective communicator with an understanding of the Executive’s role, the EA will act as the first point of contact to the Executive, handling complex and confidential situations and requests.
- Create and maintain efficient and effective filing system, ensuring all documentation catalogued and organized using internal systems.
- Prepare and submit invoices, raise purchase orders and process expenses
- Organize and prepare complex documents to a clear brief, requiring the integration of multiple office technology and software applications using formats and standard software.
- Responsible for coordinating team IT requests, user administration, systems access and record keeping. Working with the lead asset manager to ensure those who are joining, moving or leaving the department are equipped appropriately with the right IT.
The Ideal Candidate
- At least 5 years of administrative assistance at the executive level in a fast-paced environment
- Self-starter with an entrepreneurial mind-set and determined approach to achieve success in a high pressure environment
- Knowledge of and passion for BBC Studios content
- Impeccable attention to detail and ability to manage multiple stakeholders at once
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills for effective communication with wide range of contacts.
- Administrative experience, ability to multi-task, working without supervision, ability to prioritize and balance conflicting demands, using own initiative to resolve problems and managing own workload within agreed deadlines.
- Reliable and enthusiastic with proven ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with stakeholders at all levels of the organization and externally.
- Strong computer skills, with demonstrable experience of Outlook and other office software packages (i.e. Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here