***You must be legally authorized to work in the United States in order to be considered for this role.
The Executive Assistant will provide a high-level of administrative assistance to two Executives, each on a one-to-one basis, acting as first point of contact and liaising extensively with internal and external stakeholders globally.
- Frequently liaise with senior level internal and external contacts, screening and prioritizing all forms of incoming communications, dealing with routine issues and coordinating more complex responses ensuring these are delivered in a timely and effective manner.
- Manage and organize events and meetings, including the booking of venues, travel and accommodation, to ensure effective use of Executives’ time.
- Provides a comprehensive calendar management service for two executives, including:
- Managing and scheduling of key calendar appointments ensuring effective management of the Executives’ time
- Coordinating schedule with meeting attendee/s and sending invites as far in advance as possible, and being adept working multiple time zones
- Booking the conference rooms or external locations if necessary
- Setting up the most appropriate means of telecommunications (video or voice conferencing) for a given meeting
- Identifying and arranging necessary travel and transportation
- Ordering any hospitality/food in advance
- Ensuring smooth flow of the Executive’s meeting calendar on a daily basis by making sure the Executive is aware of meeting times and locations in advance.
- Ensuring the Executive is notified when meetings are running long and conflicting with other appointments, notifying meeting attendees know if any delays, and proactively identifying and resolving conflicts
- An effective communicator with an understanding of the Executive’s role, the EA will act as the first point of contact to the Executive, handling complex and confidential situations and requests.
- Create and maintain efficient and effective filing system, ensuring all documentation catalogued and organized using internal systems.
- Prepare and submit invoices, raise purchase orders and process expenses
- As team admin, attending project meetings as requested, notetaking and preparing materials, and other project work as needed.
The Ideal Candidate
- At least 1-2 years of administrative assistance at the executive level in a fast-paced environment, and/or experience working in the media & entertainment industry preferred
- Self-starter with an entrepreneurial mind-set and determined, positive approach to achieve success while remaining calm in a high pressure environment
- Knowledge of and passion for BBC Studios content
- Impeccable attention to detail and ability to manage multiple stakeholders at once
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills for effective communication with wide range of contacts.
- Administrative experience, ability to multi-task, working without supervision, ability to prioritize and balance conflicting demands, using own initiative to resolve problems and managing own workload within agreed deadlines.
- Reliable and enthusiastic with proven ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with stakeholders at all levels of the organization and externally.
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here