Executive Personal Assistant
BBC Studios is a global creative powerhouse for the development, production and distribution of bold, British, content. We produce over 2,500 hours of content per year, operate in 22 markets globally and generate revenue of £1.4bn, returning around £200m profit to BBC public Service each year. In the UK, BBC Studios enables audiences to enjoy their favourite BBC programmes and brands outside the licence fee-funded window on alternative platforms, through a range of partnerships, and in multiple formats, from products and magazines to events and experiences.
We are looking for a motivated and organised person looking to build their skill set in providing the Chief Marketing Officer with a comprehensive, professional, well-organised administrative and overall office management support.
This exciting opportunity will have daily contact with members of the Studios Executive Board and their Assistants, and so a collaborative, approachable attitude is vital. You will build working relationships particularly with the Executive Board Members but also with the Director General’s office and other divisions across BBC Studios and the Public Service.
This role will be working in a fast-paced team, liaising with senior managers, internal and external contacts. Supporting the Director and leadership team will require you to be personable when dealing with contacts on their behalf, highly organised and proactive in anticipating their needs. Crucial to this role is the planning and managing national and international business trips whilst adhering policies and procedures, facilitation of meetings and conferences, supporting and organising consumer and customer events, ensuring a smooth process for both internal and external contacts and ensuring all relevant paperwork is available. Pivotal to the role would be your ability to prioritise, build and maintain strong working relationships and be flexible to change.
Are you the right candidate?
- EA experience at Director / Board level ideally within a Marketing department
- High standard of accuracy and attention to detail
- The ability to work autonomously, be pro-active and also work as part of a team
- Handling confidential and sensitive information with tact and diplomacy
- Excellent working knowledge of computer systems, particularly Microsoft Office Suite
Contract type: Permenant
Location: London, Television Centre
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days (1 of which is a corporation day) with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
About the BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here