Archives Technology & Services is responsible for the management and storage of the BBC’s catalogue of content, this includes stores of physical material and a range of systems and products which make BBC content accessible to our audiences, programme makers and partners. The BBC’s Archive grows on a daily basis , as well as looking after nearly 100 years of heritage we also develop and design new products and systems to capture and make accessible a huge variety of content.
The Executive Product Manager Archive Data is primarily responsible harmonising and rationalising our approach to data, data quality, assurance, audit and search across systems and workflows supporting Archive Technology & Services operations including processes, workflows and systems across the physical and virtual estate.
- Responsible for the line management and development of a team that personifies BBC values and plays a critical role in delivering our core objectives
- For devising and delivering a comprehensive data strategy that enables and enriches BBC archive systems and processes
- For rationalising data complexity and ensuring data integrity and accuracy across the BBC’s portfolio of archive systems, products & processes
- For ensuring Archives Technology & Services has appropriate and robust audit records within systems for any data changes and that we can robustly track our content around the enterprise
- For delivering a unified search and discovery experience for a wide range of users and partners who access the BBC’s extensive back catalogue
- For unifying user access to archive products and systems and supporting the creation of a single searchable portal for BBC archive holdings
The Ideal Candidate
- The ability to manage a team effectively and engage with a wide range of stakeholders to shape the strategic and operational requirements leading to successful outcomes
- The ability to develop strategy and implement it within an agreed delivery schedule
- To be resilient having the ability to manage multiple cross-functional projects simultaneously
- To maintain an essential focus on delivering quality services and robust processes that supports the critical nature of reuse, publication, playout and archiving processes
- To have a comprehensive knowledge of the archive and broadcast data structures, challenges and issues
Contract type: Permanent
Location: Glasgow OR Salford
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days (1 of which is a corporation day) with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
The situation regarding the coronavirus outbreak is developing quickly and the BBC is keen to continue to ensure the safety and wellbeing of people across the BBC, while continuing to protect our services. To reduce the risk access to BBC buildings is limited to those essential to our broadcast output. From Wednesday 18th March until further notice all assessments and interviews will be conducted remotely. For more information go to https://www.bbc.co.uk/careers/
Mae’r sefyllfa gyda’r coronafeirws yn datblygu’n gyflym, ac mae’r BBC yn awyddus i barhau i sicrhau diogelwch a lles pobl ar draws y BBC, gan barhau i warchod ein gwasanaethau hefyd. I leihau’r risg, dim ond y bobl sy’n hanfodol i’n hallbwn darlledu fydd yn cael mynediad i adeiladau’r BBC. O ddydd Mercher 18fed Mawrth ymlaen, bydd pob asesiad a chyfweliad yn cael ei gynnal o bell, nes rhoddir gwybod yn wahanol. I gael mwy o wybodaeth, ewch i https://www.bbc.co.uk/careers/
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here