Executive Product Manager - Datalab
BBC is embarking on an ambitious and exciting Connected Data Strategy that will enable the reinvention of the BBC and digital transformation. Data will play an important role in the future and it is recognised that we need to invest in building a data capability within BBC that takes a strategic and pan-BBC approach in managing data as asset and deriving more value and opportunities in the future.
Executive Product Manager Datalab role is responsible for managing all data products that deliver pan-BBC value and create new opportunities. In this role you will establish, manage and inspire a multi-disciplinary team that continuously innovate and iterate on products and related features.
You will lead the development and establishment of a Datalab capability that delivers data science and machine learning capability for the BBC at scale. Working to the BBCs Head of Architecture Data, The Executive Product Manager - Datalab ensures that the BBC creates the most compelling data products possible and deliver BBC Connected Data Strategy.
- Mobilise setting up of a data capability team with skills that best enable the delivery of the BBC connected data strategy
- Conceptualise and crystalise data products and services offering enabling multiple pan-BBC technical and editorial strategies
- Partner with Editorial, R&D, D&E, Marketing & Audiences teams to solve problems and identify trends and opportunities coming from data, automation and machine learning
- Makes strategic recommendations on data acquisition, integration, exploitation and data partnership opportunities
- Develop and manage KPIs to demonstrate value realised through data overtime in alignment with BBC vision and strategic objectives
- Define, own and develop data product strategy and roadmap of features ensuring consistency, scalability and continuous improvement and innovation
- Continually evolve and revolutionise the use of data and insight across platforms, audience facing products, partners and internal workflows
- Partner with Editorial, R&D, D&E, Marketing & Audiences teams to solve problems and identify trends and opportunities coming from data and automation
- As a product moves from discovery to definition, work with engineering and R&D teams to create an appropriate execution strategy
The Ideal Candidate
- Proven experience of setting up data capabilities and establishing data teams from ground up
- Excellent knowledge of using data science and engineering to reinvent business models
- Experience of using data driven and machine learning approaches to create new opportunities and solve organisational challenges
- Visionary and evangelist to tell a data story that inspires others and has a tangible outcome oriented approach in delivery value through data
- Excellent team leader who inspires and encourages their teams to innovate and bring ideas to life
Grade 10 (proposed band E)
About the Company
We dont focus simply on what we do, we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure youve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below. Youll be asked questions relating to them as part of your application for this role.
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.