***You must be legally authorized to work in the United States in order to be considered for this role.
The Executive/Team Assistant role exists to be a central point of support for the Communications & Events team in New York, Los Angeles and Miami and the Senior Vice President of Communications & Events.
- Responsible for compiling daily press summary for all BBC Studios businesses and issuing them to relevant, frequently updated lists
- Compile and distribute “Weekly News Bites” email internally
- Compile and submit various comms activity reporting grids and publicity wrap packs
- Update press website and manage team Twitter account
- Manage media monitoring and data base services
- Research and coordinate branded premiums, products and talent gifts
- Ensure print and online subscriptions are kept up to date
- Manage databases for events and Buzz List mailings
- Manage calendar, arrange logistics and process expense reports for SVP
- Coordinate talent travel/logistics for SVP
- Code and process purchase orders and track submissions
- Provide general support to the Communications team as needed
- Assist in research and organization of internal events and publicity campaigns
- Special projects as needed
NATURE AND SCOPE
Broadly assist/support the Communications team. Raise any press issues/negative press coverage to SVP and SVP's direct reports immediately.
Heavy workload, busy office, juggling of multiple priorities, open office plan – good for collaboration, challenging in terms of interruptions
PLANNING AND ORGANIZATION
Time management and forward planning are key. Proactively communicate to relevant parties in a timely manner. Candidate must be highly organized and resourceful.
Direction may be received from any member of the team on individual projects.
Communications teams (NY, LA and Miami); team members in Global Distribution, BBC AMERICA, BritBox and BBC/BBC Studios colleagues in London. Possibly some interaction with partners.
The Ideal Candidate
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Exceedingly organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to write and convey ideas effectively.
- Capable of juggling multiple high-priority tasks at one time.
- Ability to collaborate with co-workers effectively and politely.
- Great telephone manner.
- Solid working knowledge of PowerPoint.
- An eye for good design and skills with an alternative language to English is a plus, but not required.
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here