Expression of Interest: Script Supervisor (Production Co-ordinator) CBeebies Molly and Mack
Molly and Mack, the CBeebies drama is looking for an experienced Script Supervisor to work on the second series of the show based in Glasgow. Molly and Mack is a 20 x 15 min series. Molly spends her summer with her big brother Mack on his toy stall in the fictional town of Bridgetown. They share adventures together in the market with the warm, funny, loving community who work there.
The BBC is committed to redeploying employees seeking suitable alternative employment within the BBC for different reasons and they will be given priority consideration ahead of other applicants. Priority consideration means for those employees seeking redeployment their application will be considered alongside anyone else at risk of redundancy, prior to any individuals being considered who are not at risk.
If you would like more information regarding the role please contact the Line Producer: Cathy Stokes at email@example.com
The Script Supervisor will work with the Script Editors and Directors to:
- Finalise and format the shooting scripts (creating PDFs from the Final Draft versions.
- Create a script breakdown document to distribute to makeup, costume and art department to ensure they are all following the same story timeline.
- Ensure all sequences are scheduled in call sheet (and consequently shot)
- keep an accurate check on the timing of the script throughout the shooting to avoid over/under running of episodes. and provide a daily progress report
- Be responsible for all continuity notes, logging and marking up scripts for the edit. .
- Assist the director/DOP with continuity and making note of any pickups required
- Sending notes to the edit (scanning or other electronic means) at the end of each day – providing hard copies for the office to retain.
- Liaising with Edit Assistant when rushes are collected
You will need to be an experienced Script Supervisor and have a good working knowledge of Final Draft.
Role: Script Supervisor (Production Co-ordinator)
Contract type: fixed term or attachment
Location: BBC Scotland, Pacific Quay, Glasgow
Dates: 13th May - 28th June and then 8th July - 5th August
(please note 1 week break between dates)
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days holiday with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
About the BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, social background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here