- The 8 week internship commencing on the 23rd May will consist of two x 4 week placements to maximise your exposure to different teams at the BBC and give you the opportunity to undertake a couple of roles.
- You will have
- a dedicated day each week for training, internal/external speaker sessions, group catch ups to share experiences and an opportunity to learn more about how to maximise your career path.
- plenty of support during your time at the BBC including an Internship Manager, a Line Manager for each of your placements and a buddy who is an informal friendly contact at the BBC to help you feel settled and answer any questions you may have about the BBC and/or your internship.
- Placements will be in our Finance teams in Salford. Please note we will be unable to provide overnight accommodation and travel for the internship so please chose a location you can travel to.
- Placements will be a mixture of working from home and office based depending on individual circumstances, covid regulations and the need of the team your placement is in.
- If you are successful gaining the role, we will ask you to a complete a disability passport which details any adjustments you may require for the role and we will also complete an occupational health assessment with you and your line manager so we can ensure you are fully supported during your internship, including any reasonable adjustments.
- Here is an example of some of the tasks you will gain exposure to whilst working with our finance teams:
- Support the delivery of the BBC’s financial month end close process including forecasting.
- Learn about the BBC’s finance systems, policies and procedures by working through specific tasks.
- Build relationships across the various finance and business systems teams and gain insight into the different roles they play in delivering and efficient and effective finance function ensuring value for money for the Licence Fee.
Contract type: 8 week internship
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days (1 of which is a corporation day) with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
The situation regarding the coronavirus outbreak is developing quickly and the BBC is keen to continue to ensure the safety and wellbeing of people across the BBC, while continuing to protect our services. To reduce the risk access to BBC buildings is limited to those essential to our broadcast output. From Wednesday 18th March until further notice all assessments and interviews will be conducted remotely. For more information go to https://www.bbc.co.uk/careers/
Mae’r sefyllfa gyda’r coronafeirws yn datblygu’n gyflym, ac mae’r BBC yn awyddus i barhau i sicrhau diogelwch a lles pobl ar draws y BBC, gan barhau i warchod ein gwasanaethau hefyd. I leihau’r risg, dim ond y bobl sy’n hanfodol i’n hallbwn darlledu fydd yn cael mynediad i adeiladau’r BBC. O ddydd Mercher 18fed Mawrth ymlaen, bydd pob asesiad a chyfweliad yn cael ei gynnal o bell, nes rhoddir gwybod yn wahanol. I gael mwy o wybodaeth, ewch i https://www.bbc.co.uk/careers/
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here