Field Producer (Digital), BBC Russian Service
BBC World Service is an international multimedia broadcaster, part of BBC News, delivering a wide range of language and regional services and working increasingly with other parts of BBC News to serve global audiences.
As part of an historic and exciting expansion of the BBC World Service, BBC Russian is boosting its TV and digital offer to provide more mobile, and TV/video content and to further expand its social-media presence.
The expanded team will be based predominantly in the BBC’s Moscow bureau as well as in the BBC’s headquarters in London, working closely and collaboratively (including with colleagues in BBC News) to deliver the best service for BBC audiences. We are also looking for reporting teams to work in locations across the FSU, Russia, and other locations.
BBC Russian aims to deliver international news relevant to Russian-speaking audience and to put the events in Russia and the wider region in a global perspective.
The BBC Russian Service Moscow bureau is looking for a Field Producer (Digital) to join the team on a 12 months fixed term contract.
The successful candidate will organise, gather, process and deliver multimedia output for digital outlets, social media and television.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Suggest and research stories.
- Produce material for digital outlets, social media and television.
- Offer ideas for digital and multimedia items in a range of platforms.
- Suggest new digital formats and techniques for BBC output, You will stay abreast of latest developments in digital storytelling.
- Responsible for deployment and programme budgets.
The Ideal Candidate
- Fluent understanding of Russian and English, both written and spoken
- Demonstrable experience in a similar position in a news environment
- Knowledge of the target area and an in-depth understanding of its history, politics, social issues and culture
- Thorough understanding of the latest developments in digital storytelling
- Ability to manage production resources and budgets
For a full understanding of this position please read the job description which you can download by clicking the link at the bottom of the page.
Role based in Moscow, Russia
12 month fixed term contract
Local terms and conditions apply
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are very important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below. You’ll be asked questions relating to them as part of your application for this role.
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.