As part of APAC finance team, this role is key to supporting Senior FBP Greater China and will liaise closely with local agency on actual& statutory reporting following China GAAP and regulations, ensuring that effective reporting and controls are in place and managed to support a diversified and substantial business. Along with GC Senior FBP, this position will also liaise closely with legal and commercial team to manage GC risk exposure by using your exceptional relationship management, financial modelling, analytical and business case development skills.
- Along with GC Senior FBP, this position will liaise closely with legal and commercial team to maintain GC risk exposure by using your exceptional relationship management, financial modelling, analytical and business case development skills.
- Manage the relationship with the service provider to ensure accurate and timely output of monthly accounting tasks (including preparation and posting of journals, accounts reconciliation and other general accounting tasks) and reviewing the same to support the close of the period and year end.
- Supporting GC Senior FBP to produce monthly data and periodic reports of territory performance.
- Support business leads by tracking actual spend against forecast, directing the adoption of new self-service tools, give feedback to any queries or issues raised by business team including PO, cost DAF, system flow, urgent payment.
- Along with GC Senior FBP to monitor the debts status of GC accounts, update commentary for aged debts and provide inputs for preparation of rolling cashflow forecast.
- Along with GC Senior FBP to perform activities to fulfill local statutory obligations for tax and audit filings.
- Work with E&Y on tax planning and risk assessment of WKBCC.
- Conduct regular cash transfer from GB02 to CN02.
- Treasury and banking affaires assigned by GC Senior FBP.
- Ensure that all customers receive their invoices and credit notes on time.
- Fulfill the needs from customers on supplementary invoices.
- Be a primary point of contact for the sales team for queries about billings and payments.
- Partner BJ office manager to monitor BJ office expense.
- Be a primary point of contact for GC team for queries about expense reimbursement and Concur report.
- Continually challenge current thinking and make recommendations on how to optimize business opportunities and minimize risk/cost to the business.
Are you the right candidate?
- Strong technical accounting skills
- Provide quick accurate and insightful analysis
- Proactive, self-starter
- Solid English written and verbal communication skills, with an ability to guide and direct the service provider.
- Strong communication skills and can clearly communicate ideas and insights to non-finance
- Analytical and financial modelling skills
- Organizational ability
- Degree qualified in Finance, Business, statistics, or similar discipline
- Accounting experience with CA or CPA qualification desirable.
- Financial and management accounting experience (ideally in a multi-national organization)
- Advanced Excel skills
Role: Finance Assistant
Contract type: Fixed Term, Part-Time (3 days per work week)
Location: Beijing, China
About the BBC
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
We are committed to improving accessibility in our recruitment and selection processes at BBC Studios. If you would like to make a request for support or reasonable adjustments to complete your application, please email us at reasonable-adjustments.APAC@bbc.com, and we will be in touch with you as soon as possible.