This is an exciting and unique opportunity to join BBC Global News as a Finance Analyst. Global News (GN) is one of the world's leading news and media organisations, and the world’s most trusted international news broadcaster. We offer accurate, impartial news via our 24 hour news channel - BBC World News - and BBC.com, along with a broad range of insightful and in-depth features across BBC Worklife, BBC Culture, BBC Future, BBC Reel and BBC Travel.
As part of BBC Studios, a commercial subsidiary, GN does not receive any funding from the licence fee paid by UK households. We are 100% funded by the revenue from our Ad sales, Sponsorships and Distribution deals around the world.
The Finance Analyst will support the Finance Manager responsible for financial planning and analysis activities within the BBC Global News finance team. They will deliver routine and ad hoc analysis and insight, modelling future financial scenarios to support key decisions and ensure robust financial forecasting. They will assist in setting financial KPIs, and in identifying opportunities to improve revenue performance and maximise profit margins to ensure delivery against those KPIs.
- Support finance manager in delivering the budget, planning and forecast processes by delivering historic trend and root cause analysis across all aspects of the P&L
- Support the wider business in developing annual business plans to inform the financial budget and forecasts
- Assist in identifying business drivers and developing a dashboard of key financial metrics to monitor and drive business performance
- Working closely with the BI team and other key stakeholders, identify areas for further review to maximise revenues and drive cost efficiencies
- Contribute to the preparation of business cases and investment proposals providing relevant analysis and insight to assess financial impact
- Provide regular and ad hoc reporting and analysis to the wider business to inform key decisions and activities
- Assist in preparation of ad-hoc, monthly and quarterly performance reports
- Assist in the management of sales targets and incentive schemes
- Develop tools, models and processes that improve the analytical capabilities of the finance team
- Provide ad hoc analysis to support key projects as required
The Ideal Candidate
- Full- or part-qualified accountant e.g. ACA, ACCA, CIMA
- Knowledge of and/or experience in the media/broadcasting sector
- Previous experience of budgeting, business planning and forecasting
- Advanced Excel skills with experience in analysing and modelling large data sets
- Able to build and maintain effective working relationships across the organisation, and work collaboratively across multiple functions
- Able to simplify and communicate complex financial information to key stakeholders
- Able to prioritise and manage time effectively, managing deadlines and conflicting demands and using initiative to resolve day-to-day problems.
Contract type: Permanent
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days (1 of which is a corporation day) with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
The situation regarding the coronavirus outbreak is developing quickly and the BBC is keen to continue to ensure the safety and wellbeing of people across the BBC, while continuing to protect our services. To reduce the risk access to BBC buildings is limited to those essential to our broadcast output. From Wednesday 18th March until further notice all assessments and interviews will be conducted remotely. For more information go to https://www.bbc.co.uk/careers/
Mae’r sefyllfa gyda’r coronafeirws yn datblygu’n gyflym, ac mae’r BBC yn awyddus i barhau i sicrhau diogelwch a lles pobl ar draws y BBC, gan barhau i warchod ein gwasanaethau hefyd. I leihau’r risg, dim ond y bobl sy’n hanfodol i’n hallbwn darlledu fydd yn cael mynediad i adeiladau’r BBC. O ddydd Mercher 18fed Mawrth ymlaen, bydd pob asesiad a chyfweliad yn cael ei gynnal o bell, nes rhoddir gwybod yn wahanol. I gael mwy o wybodaeth, ewch i https://www.bbc.co.uk/careers/
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here