BBC Children in Need are currently looking for a Finance Business Partner / Accountant based at Bridge House in Salford, for a 12 Month Fixed-Term Contract / Attachment (Maternity Cover).
Your main role will be to support the charity's business planning process in providing robust financial information and supporting the business partnering activity across the wider charity.
BBC Children in Need exists to make a positive difference to the lives of disadvantaged children and young people across the UK, the information the finance team provides will support our refreshed objectives and activities to deliver this ambition.
You will be responsible for supporting the Charity's strategic plan by implementing financial control over decision making and commitments made, ensuring robust reporting is provided on all financial activities and managing outcomes and expectations by forecasting future activity.
Supporting and influencing leaders across the Charity by providing subject matter expertise and advising on best practice is key to the business partnering element of the role. You will manage the Content Accountant in the preparation of the monthly management accounts (P&L and Balance Sheet) and also provide detailed monthly financial reporting to the Executive team. You will also support the preparation of the year-end financial statements.
Reporting into the Financial Controller you will be an active member of the Finance team, collaborating with Finance colleagues on functional work streams and contributing to the teams overall objectives. Working to ensure optimal output of financial information and identifying opportunities for continuous improvement.
The Ideal Candidate
- Fully qualified Accountant with at least 3 years post qualified experience (qualified by experience will also be considered)
- Demonstrable subject matter expertise in the areas highlighted
- Business Partnering experience with significant experience of delivering a high quality accounting and reporting service.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, including a proactive approach and the ability to influence senior stakeholders
- Ability to take complex data/principles and to communicate these in an understandable way to wider Children in Need team
- Knowledge of the theory and practical application of accounting principles and effective financial systems and controls.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office including Excel
- Some knowledge of the voluntary sector would be an advantage
Contract Type: 12 Month Fixed-Term Contract / Attachment
Location: Salford - Media City
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits - We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days (1 of which is a corporation day) with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here