Finance Business Partner
A brand new and exciting 12 month opportunity to be an FBP within BBC Radio Education Financehas become available.
Finance Business Partners (FBPs) play a key role in ensuring that the BBC is driving best value from the licence feewithin each business area. FBPs focus on forward looking, large scale and/or high-impact commercial andinvestment decisions and support effective financial planning within their area of responsibility. They workalongside key business decision makers, influencing and shaping financial plans and advising on future direction andinvestment choices.
FBPs also help to deliver effective financial management, control and advisory support for their divisionalbusiness.
Within this role you will work closely with, and influence, Divisional senior management to help drive business performance helping to ensure high quality financial decisions are made in the Division.
You will effectively share external industry perspectives and good practice to help deliver measurable improvements inthe approach to business decision making, value for money return and risk management
It will be your responsibility to provide objective financial advice and opinions that positively impact the future choices of a divisional
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate for this role will have prior demonstrable Finance Business Partner experience. You will have:
- Hold a professional accounting qualification e.g ACA, ACCA, CIMA, or equivalent qualification
- High level of understanding of financial systems and use of Excel/Powerpoint
- Have prior experience driving/influencing savings and outcomes within a business unit
- Demonstrates excellent presentation skills
- Shaping and delivering financial strategy include significant savings on programmes.
- Influencing persuading senior stakeholders in order to drive positive business outcomes
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Proven senior management stakeholder engagement
- A self-starter individual that is proactive and keen to change process
Proposed Band E
12 Month Fixed Term Contract/Attachment
About the Company
We dont focus simply on what we do we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure youve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below. Youll be asked questions relating to them as part of your application for this role.
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.