Financial Operations Manager (BBC Children in Need)
BBC Children in Need are looking to appoint a Financial Operations Manager on a Continuing contract to join our team in MediaCity UK, Salford.
As the BBC’s UK Charity, BBC Children in Need exists to make a positive difference to the lives of disadvantaged children and young people across the UK. Our refreshed objectives and activities will ensure the impact we have on children’s lives is front and centre of the work the charity undertakes over and above the projects and services we fund.
Our focus is on finding and funding the inspiring ideas that change children’s lives.
This position is Grade 7 - proposed Band C
As Financial Operations Manager you'll support the Finance Controller to ensure the provision of an effective finance function for the registered charity, BBC Children in Need, deputising where necessary.
In particular you'll ensure procedural control over the financial operations and ensure that the following areas of work run efficiently, effectively and in a timely manner:
- Manage the roles of the Finance Administrators to allow for the accurate, timely production of management accounts and reliance on the output of accounting information.
- Ensure all transactions are accurate and accounted for in the relevant accounting period.
- Support the daily accounting for bank transactions and bank reconciliations.
- Manage the financial administration of thanking our supporters and claiming Gift Aid.
- Ensure accurate and timely payment of grants.
- Provide accurate and timely information and advice to senior management teams within Children in Need.
- Develop, motivate and support direct reports to enable them to achieve individual and organisation wide objectives.
The Ideal Candidate
We are seeking a talented finance professional, with a minimum stage 2 part-qualification in ACA / ACCA / CIMA. You will demonstrate significant experience of working within finance operations, and with financial systems and databases.
You will be a proven people manager, with experience of managing a finance team and taking responsibility for accurate and timely transactional output. You will have experience of developing individuals within the workplace to deliver an excellent service within a pressurised environment with high volumes of work.
Grade 7 - proposed Band C
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below. You’ll be asked questions relating to them as part of your application for this role.
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.