Financial Reporting Accountant
The Finance Centre of Excellence in Cardiff is at the heart of the BBC’s Finance function, delivering an integrated, sustainable and high quality accounting and reporting service to our business and Finance customers at the right level of cost.
- Complete the financial reporting process both internally and externally, ensuring the integrity of reported information and its appropriateness to pan-BBC stakeholders.
- Consolidate and review divisional results, actuals, forecasts and budgets.
- Undertake financial reporting to stakeholders, culminating in the preparation of month end reporting.
- Undertake the monthly reporting of financial performance (including the BBC’s commercial activities).
- Liaise with external audit, HR and other stakeholder groups.
- Provide professional financial support to a range of stakeholders, effective control of financial processes and delivering operational excellence.
Are you the right candidate?
You will have strong analytical skills and be fully qualified with a professional accounting qualification (e.g. ACCA, ACA, CIMA). Financial Reporting knowledge and the ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with staff, both within the Centre of Excellence and with the other divisions is especially important in this role. You will be required to operate independently but effective team playing is also important due to the nature and size of the Financial Reporting team. Experience of group consolidations would be desirable.
For this role / Ar gyfer y swydd yma:
Welsh language skills are not necessary / Nid yw sgiliau yn yr iaith Gymraeg yn angenrheidiol
Applications may be submitted in Welsh, and an application submitted in Welsh will not be treated less favourably than an application submitted in English. / Mae modd cyflwyno ceisiadau yn Gymraeg, ac ni fydd cais a gyflwynir yn Gymraeg yn cael ei drin yn llai ffafriol na chais a gyflwynir yn Saesneg.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits - We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 25 days holiday with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
About the BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, social background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here