Floor Runners - Talent Pool
To provide support to production/department teams in the office, on location, and in the studio by performing a number of production related supportive tasks and activities.
Within a Production office environment duties will typically include:
- Acting as a point of contact for a range of both internal and external stakeholders, ensuring that these are given a positive image of the BBC and the department.
- Duties may also involve filing/distributing paperwork, data entry, arranging meals, and transportation for artists/crew etc.
On-set / on-location duties will typically include:
- Acting as a courier, helping to ensure correct facilities are available and distributing call sheets, Health and Safety notices, and other paperwork.
- Assisting with members of the public, contributors and On-Screen Talent.
Are you the right candidate?
- Passion for broadcasting and the media
- Ability to use IT proficiently, including a range of software packages.
- A demonstrable aptitude for detail and accuracy in all areas.
- Interpersonal and communication skills sufficient to establish and maintain effective relations with a wide range of internal and external contacts.
- Effective time management and organisational skills and the initiative to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to prioritise a conflicting workload efficiently and to maintain standards of accuracy and attention to detail when working to deadlines or changing priorities.
- Resilience and stamina to sustain performance when under pressure from a high volume of work and conflicting priorities, with a flexible approach to deal with a changing environment.
- Ability to use own initiative with confidence, using judgement to escalate where necessary.
- Contribute to the creative vision of the team.
This is a Floor Runner Talentpool
About the BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here