We are looking for talented freelance digital assistant content producers to work on a wide variety of campaigns and brands. You’ll be passionate about digital content with demonstrable experience of Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, and show up to date knowledge of platform developments, latest best practice and emerging formats. You’ll be an experienced Adobe Premiere editor, and ideally have good After Effects and Photoshop skills.
Home to some of Wales’ brightest and boldest talent across a range of disciplines, BBC Wales’ Marketing and Audiences department is playing a leading role in reinventing BBC Wales for a new generation. Working with some of the biggest brands in Wales and beyond, the department champions the needs of the audience, looks for opportunities to innovate, delivers outstanding creative content and makes sure people know how and where to find it.
We’re looking for digital assistant content producers to:
- Edit and produce high quality and distinctive content including video, images, graphics and text for BBC digital and social channels. That might mean creating new, engaging content for our platforms or treating programme content in novel ways.
- Work as part of the team to ensure editorial content meets audience needs and is consistent with agreed editorial style and tone.
- Keep across social media developments and latest digital and technical trends and innovations.
The Ideal Candidate
You will have excellent editorial judgement and flair, and the ability to work creatively and accurately to a deadline. You will be passionate about either drama or factual content and demonstrate a good awareness of the wider industry landscape and trends.
Do you have:
- Advanced level experience of using Adobe Premiere Pro for digital platforms including social media.
- Demonstrable level of creativity in Social media execution, showing understanding of the various platforms and relevant formats, and appropriate editorial judgement.
- Sound working knowledge of video and multimedia production processes.
- Knowledge of other creative software including the Adobe Creative Cloud suite of products, such as After Effects and Photoshop, including experience of manipulating images and creating graphics and gifs.
Does this sound like you? If you would like to be considered for freelance contracts with us, please submit a short application explaining your suitability and upload a recent CV and provide links to your work for reference.
For this role / Ar gyfer y swydd yma:
(d) Welsh language skills are not necessary / Nid yw sgiliau yn yr iaith Gymraeg yn angenrheidiol
Applications may be submitted in Welsh, and an application submitted in Welsh will not be treated less favourably than an application submitted in English. / Mae modd cyflwyno ceisiadau yn Gymraeg, ac ni fydd cais a gyflwynir yn Gymraeg yn cael ei drin yn llai ffafriol na chais a gyflwynir yn Saesneg.
Contract: Various (Freelance)
Location: Cardiff - but can be flexible as remote working is possible.
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, social background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here