Blue Peter is a flagship long running children’s show on CBBC.
With live shows on most weeks throughout the year, plus some pre-records, this is a busy, interesting, varied and key role on a fun and friendly production. As well as Live Gallery PA on show days, the Gallery PA will be the focal point for all studio related logistics.
As well as Live Gallery PA on show days, you will be the focal point for all studio related logistics, including:
- script supervising (preparing running orders and camera cards etc)
- booking facilities
- negotiating with and booking freelance crew,
- monitoring spend
- completing post production paperwork.
Reporting to the Blue Peter Production Manager, the Gallery PA/Studio PC works very closely with the Studio Team Producer and the Series Producer, and the rest of the Studio Team.
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for:
- An experienced live gallery PA, this is essential to the role
- Extensive experience of gallery skills, including live shows and bar counting
- Experience of studio production co-ordinating
- Exceptional attention to detail
- A team player with outstanding communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of copyright clearance and post production paperwork
- Knowledge of BBC finance systems and Silvermouse is an advantage
Interviews will be held via Zoom on Monday 27th September.
Please note, this role requires a relevant DBS check to be undertaken by the BBC at the appropriate level, at the point of offer of a contract of employment.
Contract type: FTC/Attachment ASAP until 25th March 2022
Location: Media City, Salford
Interviews will be held via Zoom on Monday 27th September
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days (1 of which is a corporation day) with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
The situation regarding the coronavirus outbreak is developing quickly and the BBC is keen to continue to ensure the safety and wellbeing of people across the BBC, while continuing to protect our services. To reduce the risk access to BBC buildings is limited to those essential to our broadcast output. From Wednesday 18th March until further notice all assessments and interviews will be conducted remotely. For more information go to https://www.bbc.co.uk/careers/
Mae’r sefyllfa gyda’r coronafeirws yn datblygu’n gyflym, ac mae’r BBC yn awyddus i barhau i sicrhau diogelwch a lles pobl ar draws y BBC, gan barhau i warchod ein gwasanaethau hefyd. I leihau’r risg, dim ond y bobl sy’n hanfodol i’n hallbwn darlledu fydd yn cael mynediad i adeiladau’r BBC. O ddydd Mercher 18fed Mawrth ymlaen, bydd pob asesiad a chyfweliad yn cael ei gynnal o bell, nes rhoddir gwybod yn wahanol. I gael mwy o wybodaeth, ewch i https://www.bbc.co.uk/careers/
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here