From Tracy Beaker and Mildred Hubble to Hetty Feather, Molly and Mack, and the Demon Headmaster, from suspenseful teen hit Get Even to the comedy and thought provoking storylines of the Dumping Ground and 4 O'Clock Club, much loved dramas and characters from BBC Children’s In House Productions deliver impactful, inclusive and compelling stories that engage and inspire all UK kids, make them laugh and create lasting memories.
Now we’re looking for an experienced and creative industry practitioner to oversee this substantial, award-winning scripted portfolio and deliver the next generation of drama hits from In House for 0 to 16s.
This is a continuing/permanent role for a new Genre Lead (Executive Producer) leading InHouse Drama to start in January 2021. This role will be based in MediaCityUK, Salford but working remotely until offices re-open fully.
- To lead and manage a large slate of individual titles filming across the UK from commission to delivery, motivating and enabling drama teams to deliver the highest quality of content to the BBC’s youngest audiences.
- To ensure all scripted brands realise their maximum potential across all platforms and deliver great value to the audience and the business.
- To deliver authentic, inclusive content reflecting the lives of all UK kids and promote diversity of teams on and off screen.
- To act as a key ambassador for BBC Children’s In House Productions, internally and externally.
- To deliver world class public service content for the UK audience and manage complex commercial partnerships to showcase UK creativity globally, delivering additional value to the licence fee payer
The Ideal Candidate
We’re looking for someone who can demonstrate a genuine passion for, and preferably experience in, telling the best stories to children along with an affinity with that diverse audience. The successful candidate will have a significant track record in bringing new series to air and innovating within ongoing brands. Portfolio management is a key requirement as is a sophisticated understanding of brand management across all platforms.
Please note that the application process will only ask you to upload a CV. Please therefore ensure that your CV highlights as far as possible the above skills and experience.
Contract type: 1 x Continuing/Permanent role
Location: MediaCityUK, Salford
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days (1 of which is a corporation day) with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
The situation regarding the coronavirus outbreak is developing quickly and the BBC is keen to continue to ensure the safety and wellbeing of people across the BBC, while continuing to protect our services. To reduce the risk access to BBC buildings is limited to those essential to our broadcast output. From Wednesday 18th March until further notice all assessments and interviews will be conducted remotely. For more information go to https://www.bbc.co.uk/careers/
Mae’r sefyllfa gyda’r coronafeirws yn datblygu’n gyflym, ac mae’r BBC yn awyddus i barhau i sicrhau diogelwch a lles pobl ar draws y BBC, gan barhau i warchod ein gwasanaethau hefyd. I leihau’r risg, dim ond y bobl sy’n hanfodol i’n hallbwn darlledu fydd yn cael mynediad i adeiladau’r BBC. O ddydd Mercher 18fed Mawrth ymlaen, bydd pob asesiad a chyfweliad yn cael ei gynnal o bell, nes rhoddir gwybod yn wahanol. I gael mwy o wybodaeth, ewch i https://www.bbc.co.uk/careers/
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here