Graphic Designer, Motion
Visual Journalism provides all the graphics for BBC television news. It is a 24-hour, 7 days a week operation based at New Broadcasting House. The role will involve shift working which will include earlies, late weekends and Bank Holidays.
The team provides graphics for domestic and international news; the One, Six and Ten, the BBC News channel, BBC World News, BBC Arabic, BBC Persian and Language Services as well as many other current affairs and political programmes including Focus on Africa, Newsnight and The Daily Politics , plus specials such as the Elections and the Budget. As part of BBC News Visual Journalism, we work alongside UX&D designers, CS developers and the Online Specials Team, and have regular meetings together.
This is a great opportunity for an outstanding creative individual, a talented designer who is brimming with ideas and motion graphic design solutions.
The BBC is committed to redeploying employees seeking suitable alternative employment within the BBC for different reasons and they will be given priority consideration ahead of other applicants. Priority consideration means for those employees seeking redeployment their application will be considered alongside anyone else at risk of redundancy, prior to any individuals being considered who are not at risk.
Everything we do moves. Whether filmed footage, animation, infographics and storyboards, moving image & design is our core business.
- A thorough knowledge of BBC editorial guidelines and other compliance policies,
- Understanding of the importance of the BBC's values in accuracy and impartiality.
- A passion for and a great understanding of the area in which the role operates
- Portfolio evidence of excellent design work demonstrating creative flair
- Able to talk through your design decisions with a diverse range of people, evidence of successfully collaborating and sharing your ideas with absolutely anyone
- An experienced Adobe Creative Suite User, with particular focus on After Effects
- Knowledge of Cinema 4D and/or other 3D software
- Able to deliver different approaches and design styles
- Keep pace with latest design trends and technology developments
- Relevant Degree or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of HTML, Java, CSS, Actionscript & R would be an advantage.
Are you the right candidate?
- Experience as hands on Motion graphic designer
- Experience delivering high quality motion graphics using Adobe After effects
- Experience delivering high quality motion graphics to tight deadlines
- Experience delivering high quality motion graphics from Editorial Brief
- Interest & knowledge on news, politics & current affairs
Contract: 12 month Fixed Term Contract
Any offer of employment with the BBC will be conditional upon you having the right to work in the UK.
About the BBC
Reinventing the BBC for the next Generation
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, social background, religion and/or belief. And we promote flexible working opportunities where operational needs allow.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here