This new role will allow you to take a bite of the action and create and launch BBC Studios brand new social advertising proposition to market, deliver social advertising revenues across the BBC Studios global portfolio and build a brand new best in market Partner Sales team!
Are you an experienced, senior level social butterfly and savvy salesperson who has carved out and ran partner sales teams that have sold social advertising directly to agencies and advertisers?
Are you a self-starter who wants to take ownership to create and own the commercial strategy and go to market launch of the brand-new BBC Studios Partner Sales offering?
Do you have existing and brilliant relationships with key media agencies and advertisers that buy social advertising directly from media owners as well as a proven track record in delivering millions in social ad revenues?
- You will be the creator and implementer of the commercial strategy for the BBC Studios social advertising offering
- The lead for the go-to-market launch of BBC Studios social advertising in the UK
- Nurturer of the BBC Studios social advertising revenues via YouTube Partner Sales and other platforms
- The archer of your team to target agencies and clients to buy social advertising directly from BBC Studios
- Recruit and manage the UK digital sales team
- You will be the go-to-person to manage the sales pipeline, forecasting and reporting to the VP Commercial, Digital and VP Ad Sales, Western Europe.
- Take ownership of setting the BBC Studios ratecard for social advertising and sponsorships
- Creator and developer of the BBC Studios positioning and social advertising packages
- Sign, seal.. deliver against quarterly and annual revenue targets
- Ensure all advertising campaigns adhere to BBC Studios Advertising Guidelines
- Collaborate with the the Ad Ops team in successful delivery and measurement of all campaigns
- Key contributor to the Social AVOD commercial strategy across BBC Group, partnering with critical areas of the business
- Support the VP Commercial, Digital on identifying new revenue opportunities on all platforms we operate on
The Ideal Candidate
- We would love to see you with a proven and successful track record in selling social advertising/partner sales for a media owner / network, particularly YouTube expert
- Proven experience in building and leading successful, target smashing sales teams
- Excellent knowledge of the social advertising market and all social trading metrics
- As a BBC social butterfly, you would have strong contacts at UK media agencies / clients responsible for buying social advertising including social, digital, AV and trading teams
- A tech whizz with working knowledge of Google Ad Manager
- Possess a strong understanding of the Social AVOD sector, platforms and BBC competitors
- Fantastic stakeholder management skills, able to build rapport and credible, trusted and strong working relationships.
- Knowledge of Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) and Committee of Advertising Practice (CAP) Regulations
- Outstanding communication skills both written, oral and presentation.
- Collaboration across the nation.. and organisational boundaries, embrace change, and make improvements to working practices.
- Global mindset: thinking and acting for both local and global needs
- Self-starter with the ability to see projects through to completion, problem solve, and multi-task under time constraints
- FBI standard negotiating skills and delivering against trading deals
Contract type: Permanent- Full Time
Working pattern: Hybrid
We are really proud to share that we are a Level 2 Disability Confident Employer and so if you require any reasonable adjustments in order to apply please do contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org with ref: BBC/TP/XXX in the subject.
We advertise all our roles on Evenbreak, the specialist job board for disabled candidates.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days (1 of which is a corporation day) with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here