We’re looking for exceptional people to join our team in the diverse and innovative BBC HR Service Centre.
We are passionate about working with colleagues to put world-class creative content on the air. Whether it’s Strictly Come Dancing, the Radio One Breakfast Show or the latest must-watch boxset on BBC iPlayer, you will play a big part in helping the BBC to inform, educate and entertain our audiences.
Every day, we provide HR services to over 20,000 colleagues and freelancers. We’re looking for outstanding people who…
- Enjoy helping others in a thoughtful and caring way
- Take the initiative to ask questions to understand what colleagues need
- Love working in a fast-paced, energetic team and enjoy being creative
- Thrive working in an environment where there is lots to do
- Like to make a difference; spotting ideas for improvement and being creative on a daily basis
The role exists to deliver transactional services and processing activity to the BBC workforce providing information, managing data and executing process delivery.
The role will involve:
- Providing advice and guidance on BBC policies and procedures to our employees
- Investigating errors and finding solutions
- Using data insights to drive daily priorities
- Suggesting improved ways of working
- Conducting conversations with stakeholders via phone throughout the day
Please see the attached Job Description for more information.
The Ideal Candidate
- You will have the ability to read and interpret live data
- It is essential that you have basic computing and telephony skills
- A good level of HR generalist knowledge is essential, and or CIPD qualification/ongoing study
- Have experience of handling queries in relation to the full employee lifecycle
- It is desirable for you to have prior experience of working with People systems (such as SAP)
- Prior experience of working in a shared service centre environment is also desirable
- Additionally to this, we are looking for someone who is confident in their ability to problem solve, enjoys investigating anomalies and is proactive in their approach, and willing to work flexibly
Contract type:12 months Fixed Term Contract
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days (1 of which is a corporation day) with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
The situation regarding the coronavirus outbreak is developing quickly and the BBC is keen to continue to ensure the safety and wellbeing of people across the BBC, while continuing to protect our services. To reduce the risk access to BBC buildings is limited to those essential to our broadcast output. From Wednesday 18th March until further notice all assessments and interviews will be conducted remotely. For more information go to https://www.bbc.co.uk/careers/
Mae’r sefyllfa gyda’r coronafeirws yn datblygu’n gyflym, ac mae’r BBC yn awyddus i barhau i sicrhau diogelwch a lles pobl ar draws y BBC, gan barhau i warchod ein gwasanaethau hefyd. I leihau’r risg, dim ond y bobl sy’n hanfodol i’n hallbwn darlledu fydd yn cael mynediad i adeiladau’r BBC. O ddydd Mercher 18fed Mawrth ymlaen, bydd pob asesiad a chyfweliad yn cael ei gynnal o bell, nes rhoddir gwybod yn wahanol. I gael mwy o wybodaeth, ewch i https://www.bbc.co.uk/careers/
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here