BBC Studios is a global creative powerhouse for the development, production and distribution of bold, British, content. With a turnover of around £1.4 billion, we aim to bring customers and audiences across the world distinctive and high quality content covering a range of specialisms, through a unique combination of BBC editorial values, cutting edge craft, and access to diverse talent across all markets.
We’re currently going through a significant period of growth, and we are now looking for a talented HR Business Partner to join our BBC Studios People team, supporting our business in achieving its organisational ambitions around culture, inclusion and leadership through learning & development; helping us to make BBC Studios an amazing place to work.
This is an opportunity to join a fast paced HR team working with our central/professional service team like our finance and commercial legal teams. You will partner and work closely with the Chief Finance Officer and General Counsel and their leadership teams through a period of growth and change. As our HR Business partner, you will work closely with your stakeholders on delivering the people strategy, with a focus on change management, culture and diversity & inclusion.
The Ideal Candidate
At BBC Studios, we seek people who are passionate about who we are and what we do.
- You’re an experienced HR Business Partner, with Organisational Design experience
- Previous experience of working across finance and legal departments would be an advantage but not essential
- Knowledge of current thinking in HR issues and trends
- Able to take the initiative, originate action and be responsible for the decisions made.
- You have previously worked within a large and complex environment
- Change management is one of your strengths
- You will have to build deep relationships with your stakeholders, working to deliver against the key objectives for your business area; so you’ll need to be flexible and proactive
- You’re a great communicator with good negotiation skills
If this sounds like you we’d love to hear from you!
Contract type: Permanent - full time
Location: Flexible working (Office base is London - Television Centre)
We are really proud to share that we are a Level 2 Disability Confident Employer and so if you require any reasonable adjustments in order to apply please do contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org with ref: BBC/TP/7193/54786 in the subject.
We advertise all our roles on Evenbreak, the specialist job board for disabled candidates.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days (1 of which is a corporation day) with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
The situation regarding the coronavirus outbreak is developing quickly and the BBC is keen to continue to ensure the safety and wellbeing of people across the BBC, while continuing to protect our services. To reduce the risk access to BBC buildings is limited to those essential to our broadcast output. Until further notice all assessments and interviews will be conducted remotely. For more information go to https://www.bbc.co.uk/careers/
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here