The BBC have an exciting opportunity for a Head of Audience Research to join the Digital Portfolio Insight Team. This is a permanent role, based at Broadcast Centre, London.
Reporting into the Head of Customer Insight, you will be responsible for managing a team of 5, made up of 2 Research Managers, 2 Senior Audience Research Executives and 1 Senior Data Analyst.
This role sits within our Digital Portfolio Insight Team – and is focused on helping the BBC to maximise the value we deliver through our online services. It will contribute to this goal by supporting the Digital Portfolio Director & our Digital Leadership Group with the following:
- Audience Outcomes: Ensuring we have a clear understanding of our opportunities for growth online – and can use this insight to inform prioritisation decisions across our digital portfolio
- Performance Management: defining priority audience goals for our digital portfolio – and ensuring a regular supply of robust performance analysis for our KPIs
- Pan-BBC Digital Product Development: overseeing the insight provision to guide the development of services & features that span the whole of the BBCs online portfolio (e.g. our Homepage, cross-service feature development).
- Understanding Customer Journeys Across Our Digital Estate & Identifying Opportunities For Growth: establishing a clear view of our most common user journeys onto & across our digital estate & identifying our best opportunities to optimise those journeys to deliver more value to our existing users
- Distribution Strategy: ensuring an ongoing supply of high quality insight around tech trends & emerging behaviours to inform our Distribution strategy
- Pan-BBC Prioritisation: drawing on all of the insight above to inform ongoing prioritisation across the BBCs digital estate – ensuring our digital investment is aligned with our priority audience outcomes & market insight
The Ideal Candidate
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- A deep understanding of the BBC’s media markets (TV, Radio, Online)
- The ability to quickly form & lead virtual teams to deliver high quality projects
- A collaborative approach: ensuring their work is used to guide strategy across the BBC
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: London - Broadcast Centre (W12)
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days (1 of which is a corporation day) with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here