Head of Brand, Children's
BBC Studios’ award-winning portfolio of Children’s brands is poised for growth and as a result, we are creating a new role, Head of Brand to join the Children’s Franchise team. We seek a self-starter with a strong pedigree in the Children’s genre to join the team on a permanent basis.
We are looking for someone with best in class experience of franchise management within the media industry. You will be highly organised, able to manage multiple projects under tight timescales, across multiple time zones and lead a matrix team structure. The ideal candidate will be a strategic thinker with strong commercial acumen and with a record of accomplishment in building successful brands.
BBC Studios has a new brand, Bluey, that has become a break out hit in its home territory, Australia, and is about to launch globally. Leading Bluey (commercial, marketing, relationships) will be a key aspect of this role
. This role will also support business development projects and strategy for the genre
Children’s Genre accountabilities:
- Support development and delivery of Children’s genre strategy
- Set targets & track financial and brand performance
- Support in-year financial reviews with analysis and commentary
- Identify and lead business development initiatives for Children’s
- Put in place brand growth strategy and track progress against this plan
- Set annual brand objectives and develop annual plan across regions & business lines
- Develop brand materials & processes required to support the brand plan
- Be the brand expert providing editorial support to projects in development and brand & marketing sign-offs.
- Support & provide brand leadership for a global matrix team
- Oversee brand TMs, rights, payaways
- Support the commercial business e.g. with brand pitches and support for commercial contracts
Are you the right candidate?
- Confident in managing and influencing senior stakeholders
- Good presentation skills & team leadership skills
- Experience working with creative talent and industry partners
- Experience at a senior level in strategic brand, commercial, marketing & editorial
- Experience in digital & social marketing
- Experience in IP rights and trademarks
- Track record of working with world-class brands, ideally within the Children’s genre
Contract type: Perm
Location: White City, London, W12
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days holiday with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
About the BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, social background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here