Are you passionate about getting things done and delivered? Do you thrive when building relationships and bringing different types of people together to achieve new things? Do you love solving problems and tackling tricky briefs? Is attention to detail a real strength?
Then the Head of Business for the BBC’s Digital Portfolio might just be the job for you.
The BBC’s digital services are some of the most popular in the UK and growing. From iPlayer and News to Bitesize and Weather - the portfolio you will be helping grow is pretty special.
You’ll report into and work closely day to day with the BBC’s Director, Digital Portfolio and help them deliver their goals.
This role is part of the new Digital Portfolio team and you’ll be part of the new senior leadership team. You’ll be working alongside editorial, audience, product and marketing colleagues. And also with the senior leaders of our digital services across the BBC (the Digital Leadership Group).
The location is flexible (London or Salford) and is a permanent contract.
In addition to the standard requirements for the Programme Manager role, the role has a number of key points of emphasis:
- Help build and enable the success of the Digital Portfolio team
- Deliver varied and business critical projects working with senior stakeholders
- Enable the smooth and effective running of the BBC’s Digital Leadership Group
The Ideal Candidate
To be successful in this role you will have a strong track record of:
- Delivery to an exemplary standard – being performance focused with a passion for follow through, detail, clear communication and delivery of excellent results
- Building trusted and collaborative relationships - fostering the conditions that enables people at all levels (direct reports and matrix teams) to bring their best
- Proactively solving problems – showing ingenuity and versatility in the delivery of projects
- Understanding of digital, marketing, audiences, editorial and product – and ideally the workings of the BBC
- Delivery of complex projects in new areas - especially those with a digital, organisational design, financial and cultural focus
- Team and business planning – forward planning of business calendars, financial management, performance reporting, contract management, procurement, organisational transformation and design
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: London (W12) or Salford (M50)
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days (1 of which is a corporation day) with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here