Head of Commercial
WHO’s it with:
This exciting Leadership role sits in our Infrastructure, Services, Operations and Commercial reporting directly into its Director. In this challenging role there are two areas of accountability– Commercial Management for Design + Engineering Suppliers and the completion of the final components of the Aurora Programme, Enterprise ICT and Hosting Transition and the BBC wide implementation of the Aurora Charging models.
WHAT you’ll be doing
Commercial Supplier management:
The Commercial Supplier Management Team is responsible for all relationships and contracts with third parties related to goods and services that are within the remit of the Design + Engineering Division of the BBC.
You will be the 'go to' person for the contracts for either the BBC or the third party playing a highly pivotal role in all negotiations as well as being an inspirational leader of a multi-disciplinary team of c.16 BBC Technology division professionals.
An average day would see you:
- Ensuring the contracts deliver as they are supposed to
- Engaging with the principal stakeholders across the BBC
- Managing the relationships between the BBC and its partners ensuring delivery of the greatest value and building the best relationship with these strategic partners.
- Managing a multi-million pound (GBP)recharge across the Corporation
Aurora Programme Director
This element of the role will see you will leading and direct the remaining elements of the Aurora Programme and ensuring it achieves its objectives. Being the ambassador for the programme, you will bring a business focus to ensuring achieving strategic objectives, and influencing senior stakeholders, both internal and third parties, to create the conditions for success. Key responsibilities include:
- Articulating and championing the vision for the programme and securing engagement from the key stakeholders for its achievement
- Directing the programme through to closure of all component parts and handover
- Leading the Joint Steering Group
- Ensure the remaining programme organisation and governance structures are fit for purpose
- Provide appropriate guidance to the Transition Board
- Leading on the structural and organisational changes required to deliver the benefits of the programme
- Establish strategies and plans which enable change at a pace
- Identifying and ensuring the management of operational risks associated with programme change, ensuring that risks area addressed and business continuity plans are in place and owned by those responsible.
- Ensure a holistic implementation approach that is designed to embed lasting change.
Are you the right candidate?
WHAT you’ll need
We are looking for someone with experience leading professional commercial teams and managing large and complex contracts. To be successful in this role is essential that you have a demonstrable experience in high value and complex commercial contract negotiation and relationship management with suppliers / contractors. As well as a track record of showing resilience under pressure when managing a large, dynamic and busy team in a landscape of conflicting and changing priorities.
Further to this significant experience of major programme leadership with a track record of successful delivery to users or clients in terms of time, cost, quality and benefit will be required as well as experience of implementing new initiatives and leading process and people change, in a large, complex organisation, balancing strategic and tactical approaches
WHY you’ll want it:
In this multifaceted leadership role you will be key to the enabling of the best service from our Partners. This is a highly visible leadership role where you can really make your mark, working in this fast paced dynamic division of the BBC.
Are you ready for the challenge? Then apply now, explaining why you feel you are suitable for this key role. We are looking to interview w/c 1st May and ideally require an immediate start.
12 Month Maternity Cover ( Attachment/ FTC)
Grade 11 / Proposed band F
About the BBC
D+E offers a wide range of stretching, creative and impactful careers for talented people. We are the team that’s building the future of the BBC, whilst delivering TV, radio and online services to millions of people worldwide every day.
As well as being the people behind iPlayer and the News, Sports and Children’s services, we develop, support and maintain the systems and infrastructure that keeps the BBC on air and are responsible for the biggest British-run digital service in the world. In D+E, you’ll be working on unique challenges, hand in hand with the best creative minds in the UK and alongside one of the world's leading production and distribution companies (BBC Studios).
We offer challenging work but with the time to think and do things right. We uphold a 100 year history of invention and innovation in the BBC by welcoming and developing people of all backgrounds.