- Be jointly responsible for defining and implementing the Product Group’s data strategy, in collaboration with teams and leadership across Data, Engineering, Architecture and Product. Grow and lead a diverse team of analysts to produce high quality, actionable insights, responsible for the development & training of the team, fostering an inclusive environment to ensure all individuals can be their authentic self and contribute at their best.
- Provide expert leadership in analytical approaches.
- Champion the power of data in decision making, leading the charge within the Product Group to leverage it to make decisions, through experimentation & insight.
- Act as the “right hand” of product and business leaders in building business cases for new product functionality, and track the effectiveness of the functionality over time; monitor key metrics, identify business trends and generate forecasts.
- Lead deep-dive analysis that will frame product strategy and product roadmap decisions.
- Drive our data-centric, continuous learning culture with your data storytelling expertise, and grow our best practices around reporting quality, data hygiene, and data governance.
- Proactively shape and enable engagement and collaboration opportunities across the BBC and externally, evangelising the use of data-driven decision making and bringing others on-board along that journey.
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience leading & managing a team of data analysts driving value through data and insight
- Experience in working in fast paced environment in order to deliver insights that can influence the direction of the business
- Great communicator, with an ability to convey complicated technical terms in digestible language to all levels of the organisation
- Ability to surface key insights and/or predictive forecasting models that subsequently drive business changes with measurable lifts in performance
- High levels of logical thinking & problem-solving skills
- A passion for producing high-quality, accurate analytics deliverables
- Experience of programming using scripting languages eg Python
- Knowledge of data protection, privacy and compliance principles
- Familiarity with agile or other rapid application development methods
- Experience with Data Science & Machine Learning
Contract type: Permanent
Location: London, Glasgow, Cardiff
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days (1 of which is a corporation day) with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here