Head of Social Media
BBC Studios, formerly the in-house division of the BBC, launched in April 2017 as a wholly owned commercial subsidiary of the BBC Group, meaning it can now make content for other broadcasters as well as the BBC.
BBC Studios is a powerhouse of bold British creative content, leading the way in creative storytelling. It is known and loved around the world for the quality of its programmes and makes exciting content, across a range of genres, including Blue Planet, Strictly Come Dancing, Doctor Who, Luther, EastEnders, Holby, Casualty, Top Gear, Glastonbury, BBC Proms, Mrs Browns Boys, Planet Earth II, Countryfile, Springwatch, Bargain Hunt and The One Show.
BBC Studios is looking for a Head of Social to oversee the creation of a pan-Studios approach to social media, helping our teams develop clear, ambitious and measurable strategies, optimising creativity across the business and setting Studios up for success in the commercial world.
- Optimise opportunities across all key BBC Studios-run social media accounts, enhancing the offer for our audiences.
- Implement performance measurement, governance, ambition, and strategy across BBC Studios key social media accounts.
- Build essential social media skills within BBC Studios across strategy, editorial, community management, measurement, compliance and marketing.
- Create social-first culture: quarterly group reviews, knowledge sharing, masterclasses, trial new tools and techniques, review of performance (Inc. competitors)
- Ensure BBC Studios social strategy is, when relevant, aligned with partners such as BBC Public Service.
- Oversee the acquisitionof a large and engaged social following to the BBC Studios corporate account.
- Consult and help develop bespoke social media strategies for all major new linear TV pitches.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will have previous evidence of developing and implementing a social media strategy within a large scale media organisation and be able to demonstrate an impressive track record of creative achievement, driving innovation within a digital space.
They will have devised and executed successful large scale social media campaigns and been responsible for overseeing a portfolio of social media accounts,growing communities across a number of different social media platforms.
The successful candidate will possess strong leadership and management skills, ideally with previous experience managing a creative team and be confident in developing and maintaining relationships with senior stakeholders.
12 Months FTC
Grade 10 (Proposed Band E)
About the Company
We dont focus simply on what we do we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are very important to us. Please make sure youve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below. Youll be asked questions relating to them as part of your application for this role.
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.
The BBC is committed to redeploying employees seeking suitable alternative employment within the BBC for different reasons and they will be given priority consideration ahead of other applicants. Priority consideration means for those employees seeking redeployment their application will be considered alongside anyone else at risk of redundancy, prior to any individuals being considered who are not at risk.