The Operations team are the backbone of Children’s & Education supporting live broadcast, TV and content making production teams through the management of assets, sustainability and providing IT & accommodation support. The team is managed by the Operations Manager and they are supported by two IT & Accommodation Managers, as well as an Operations Engineer.
We are recruiting for an IT & Accommodation Assistant to support the team as they audit and transition assets ahead of a team move project.
The IT & Accommodation Assistant will:
- Ensure orders placed via the Atos catalogue are tracked through to Atos billing and BBC IT asset systems
- Work with Atos/local support to ensure pool assets have appropriate system updates and are always ready for use
- Liaise with Production and advise on offsite/event IT requirements and implementation
- Assist the ITAM with audits and reporting tasks
- Issue and manage the tracking/updating/retrieval of Technology assets including Mobile Phones, Laptops and other mobile devices.
- Assist with the implementation of the BBC Joiner/Mover/Leaver process to ensure that any IT asset is allocated/retained/transferred/retired when a staff member joins or leaves the BBC
- Act as point of contact for staff for lost or stolen IT assets (logging, reporting, resupplying)
- Support business driven IT and accommodation activities
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for:
- An understanding of the fast moving nature of a production office and the needs of project/production based business
- A working knowledge of standard Microsoft Office applications, in particular Microsoft Excel
- A technical background with previous experience in IT support, ideally within a production environment and BBC Children’s knowledge would be beneficial
- Confidence in working with large volumes of data, such as complex spreadsheets and databases, including financials
- Familiarity with the structure and operation of PCs and Macs
- Experience in coordinating a range of assets including sets a props
- Experience with BBC systems or similar such as SAP, EZOffice, My Business and IT Requests
- Knowledge of Sustainable productions
Contract type: FTC/Attachment ASAP until 25th March 2022
Location: Media City, Salford
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days (1 of which is a corporation day) with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
The situation regarding the coronavirus outbreak is developing quickly and the BBC is keen to continue to ensure the safety and wellbeing of people across the BBC, while continuing to protect our services. To reduce the risk access to BBC buildings is limited to those essential to our broadcast output. From Wednesday 18th March until further notice all assessments and interviews will be conducted remotely. For more information go to https://www.bbc.co.uk/careers/
Mae’r sefyllfa gyda’r coronafeirws yn datblygu’n gyflym, ac mae’r BBC yn awyddus i barhau i sicrhau diogelwch a lles pobl ar draws y BBC, gan barhau i warchod ein gwasanaethau hefyd. I leihau’r risg, dim ond y bobl sy’n hanfodol i’n hallbwn darlledu fydd yn cael mynediad i adeiladau’r BBC. O ddydd Mercher 18fed Mawrth ymlaen, bydd pob asesiad a chyfweliad yn cael ei gynnal o bell, nes rhoddir gwybod yn wahanol. I gael mwy o wybodaeth, ewch i https://www.bbc.co.uk/careers/
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here