IT & Accommodation Manager, Operations - BBC Children's
The BBC’s operating environment is changing, with digital technology and mobile working heading this transformation. Core to the design of the BBC’s site and operations at MediaCity is the optimal use and management of assets (technology and space) delivered through a centralised, integrated support network of BBC teams and 3rd party providers.
The IT & Accommodation Manager (ITAM) plays a key role within this network. As part of a team, they enable delivery of pan-site and location technology and workspaces that meet needs of the production and operational departments.
We are currently seeking an IT & Accommodation Manager for a 12 month contract from February 2019 to cover an attachment.
Based in MediaCity and reporting to the Production Operations Manager for BBC Children's, your role as ITAM will focus on 3 key areas:
- IT asset provision, both within BBC buildings and on location where you will also advise on connectivity and other IT requirements such as printers, telephony and software
- IT asset and telephony management, support and reporting
- Accommodation management - managing floor usage, desk positions and demand
You will be the first line of control on departmental spend on desktop IT at MediaCity. You'll manage the departments’ day-to-day technology and accommodation needs, and will authorise IT spend (within a budgetary limit) on hardware and software (within the appropriate asset ratios).
Are you the right candidate?
The ITAM role is an essential part of the production process, with a broad remit and high degree of responsibility. We're therefore looking for you to demonstrate the following essential skills and experiences:
- A strong technical background with previous experience in IT support, or as an office or events IT Coordinator, ideally within a television production environment
- Previous experience of the fast moving nature of a television production office and an understanding of the needs of project/production based business
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills
- Excellent time management skills to achieve maximum productivity and the ability to prioritise a heavy workload without supervision
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
- Ability to keep calm under pressure and deal sensitively and confidently with a range of contacts both internally and externally to the organisation
Contract type: 12 Month FTC/Attachment (cover for an attachment)
Location: MediaCityUK, Salford
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits - We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days holiday with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
About the BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, social background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here