IT Support Technician - Internal Software Engineering
We're looking for an operations engineer to join the BBC Internal Software Engineering (ISE) team.
Your role will be to support the users of our various products, investigating and diagnosing faults and issues.
This is a junior role. We expect you to have experience of supporting users or some other customer facing experience.
- This role is part of a small support function within the larger ISE team of approximately 30 staff.
- We foster a collaborative and informal environment.
- We are champions of continuous improvement – not only adherent to best practice but vigilant for opportunities, and creative in suggesting them.
- The Internal Software Engineering team respects flexible working patterns and would therefore welcome part time applicants.
- Technical user or authority on at least one workflow
- Vigilance in operation of the workflow, and adherence to best practice
- Focus on quality, and ensuring that best standards are maintained in order to ensure the smooth running of the workflow
- An ability to respond quickly and act in kind when called upon
Are you the right candidate?
- Demonstrable experience in using mobile phones, in particular iPhones.
- Good all round computer software proficiency.
- Ability to explain complex instructions in easy to understand terms.
- ITIL knowledge
- WiFi/TcpIP Networking
8 month FTC/Attachment
- Excellent career progression: the BBC offers great opportunities for staff to seek new challenges and work on many different and varied products.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities: our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- A vibrant digital community: we have a strong focus on continuous improvement and engineering excellence. We host regular talks from internal and external speakers, and provide generous opportunities to attend industry events and conferences.
- A variety of technical opportunities: We work across a wide range of platforms, languages and technologies; from the latest frameworks and open standards, to the newest devices and modern cloud platforms.
- Benefits: We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days holiday with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, healthcare, gym and much more.
About the BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below. You’ll be asked questions relating to them as part of your application for this role.
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.