Information Security Specialist
This role is to support the delivery of the Information Security Strategy across the BBC. Reporting to the Information Security Management Team, the candidate will be responsible for ensuring that data within the BBC is protected, in accordance with the needs of the business and according to Information Security principles of availability, integrity and confidentiality. It is also to provide advice and Security Consultancy to all areas of the BBC and its Third Party Partners.
- Lead and undertake reviews of new project and program requests and ensure that formal risk assessments are carried out as necessary
- Review systems architecture and Security controls, making recommendations and improvements to the business in a consulting capacity.
- Make recommendations to project teams, sponsors and senior management with regard to identified Information Security risks and assist in providing suitable mitigations
- Represent Information Security as SME at Divisional meetings and Change Advisory Boards
- Maintain high standards and reflect this through Information Security & Governance output
- Ensure all relevant documentation is reviewed and maintained for use by project teams
- Ensure that relevant documentation has been completed and assessed before approving project requests
- Act as the initial point of contact on business as usual capability for the Information Security team
- Build, manage and maintain relationships as the SME with all personnel at all levels within allocated divisions/external agencies.
- Facilitate the ongoing development of information security processes
- Ensure that Information Security policies and related standards and guidelines are applied effectively across the business
- Produce regular management reports on the status of governance reviews across the organisation and 3rd parties
- Assist in the implementation of projects or programmes of work relating to information security & Governance
- Collaborate on other projects in the IS improvement programme to provide consultancy and assistance as required
Are you the right candidate?
We're looking for a talented Information Security Specialist with:
- Demonstrable broad-ranging and comprehensive knowledge of information security theory and practice.
- In-depth knowledge of relevant legislation, codes of practice, guidance and operating procedures.
- Proven track record of Information Security Delivery.
- The ability to identify and solve varied problems by the application of a suite of complex tools and techniques.
- Highly effective and creative problem-solving skills, across a broad range of scenarios, that both deliver novel solutions and enable continual improvement in existing threat mitigation and counter measures.
- Ability to convey and explain complex technical information to non-technical staff.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate at all levels of the corporation, and externally.
- Demonstrable experience of writing information security reports, documentation and standards accurately and to designated timescales.
Grade 9 (Proposed Band D)
About the BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below. You’ll be asked questions relating to them as part of your application for this role.
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.