Insight Assistant - Content
This exciting position as Insight Assistant- Content , reporting to resides within the broader BBC Studios Global Insight team. This team is responsible for delivering insight to the business, that drives the decision making around everything to do with content, from development to marketing, from digital to sales
This is an entry level position, a rare and exciting opportunity to understand audience data and behaviours and impact on strategic and editorial decisions. This job will involve supporting the Content Insight team in the day to day analysis and reporting of audience data, along with dealing with ad hoc requests and providing support on longer term projects.
The Insight Assistant will have the opportunity to be exposed to all the work/projects undertaken by the Global Insight team. You will learn how to use and analyse industry datasets and other research sources in order to provide audience insight that inform decision making.
At BBC Studios we believe in growing people, hence constant training and skill development will be a fundamental part of the role. From scripting surveys to excel/powerpoint courses and presentation techniques, the Insight Assistant will have the opportunity to benefit from a wide range of skills, expertise and talent across the insight team members.
You will get the chance to work in close collaboration with the wider Insight team in the BBC Studios Global Insight team and also the wider Insight community, which includes regional researchers, content planners, BBC Studios and BBC PS
- Regular Performance Tracking
- Supporting the Insight team on regular performance reporting and any ad hoc queries – using all available audience data & insight resources
- Helping to create a monthly programming update for our Sales teams
- Management of our launch tracker – programme launches in the UK and globally
- Supporting the Children’s brand team
- Working with the Senior Insight Executive, Scripted to create compelling and insightful performance reports –UK and globally
- Supporting with any ad hoc requests, using all available insight resources
- BBC Studios Panel Support
- Supporting the wider Insight team on using the BBC Studios panel to create meaningful audience insights
- Under guidance, become responsible for scripting surveys and sharing results within the team
- Develop best practice panel support including survey templates and benchmarks and proactively champion the panel across BBC Studios
- Ad hoc support for the Insight team
- Responsible for managing the relationship with third party suppliers for our content subscriptions including C21, Kantar Instar Social, K7 and Tape Consultancy
- Supporting the development of the brand tracker – testing links etc
- As required, undertake quantitative and qualitative research projects and to be solely or jointly responsible for these projects, as specified, including managing project budgets
- Undertake ad hoc and administrative tasks where needed
- Promote insight & market intelligence as function to wider business
- Take an enthusiastic and proactive approach to integrating all available insight sources to address business questions
- Promote self-service of market intelligence resources where applicable and be responsible for promoting the work of the wider Global Insight team
- Develop effective working relationships across the BBC Studios Sales, Content, Brands & Marketing teams as well as with the Insight Community
- Attend focus groups, conferences and other events that may be outside normal working hours or place of work as required to undertake the role effectively
- To comply with all relevant BBC Studios fair trading policies and guidelines and to be aware of responsibilities under the BBC Studios Fair Trading policy.
Are you the right candidate?
The Content Insight Assistant will be provided with all training needed to use our software systems, so no prior knowledge of these is needed. What would be advantageous for the role however, would be:
- Confident, proactive and helpful attitude.
- Well-developed analytical/numeracy skills, and in particular the ability to extract key conclusions from data and to communicate these clearly and concisely both orally and in writing.
- Some experience of data/analysis techniques.
- A clear passion for television and awareness of the relevant media trends and the role of BBC Studios within it.
- Ability to pay attention to detail and manage a broad workload whilst sustaining levels of performance against challenging deadlines.
- Quick learner with the ability to pick up various IT packages/industry databases quickly as well as advanced Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills.
- Highly organised
- Strong communication, negotiating and interpersonal skills
- Proactive – a confident self-starter aligned to business priorities
- Creative – able to develop new and interesting ways of doing things
- Passion for data
- Not afraid to challenge others and the status quo
Division: Global Insight, Brands
Contract: 6 months
Location: Television Centre, Wood Lane, London
About the BBC
BBC Studios Limited is the main commercial arm and a wholly owned subsidiary of the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC). The company exists to maximise the value of the BBC’s assets for the benefit of the licence fee payer and invest in public service programming in return for rights.
We acquire the commercial rights to great programmes such as Doctor Who, Top Gear and Dancing with the Stars and find ways of earning money from these rights across different media and markets.