Possess a genuine passion for TV? Want a rewarding career in Data & Insight? We have an opportunity for you.
Working collaboratively within the Data & Insights team, you, the next Insight Executive will support the production of BBC Studios Drama, Comedy, Soaps and Children’s Content and its onward sales & distribution around the world. You’ll achieve this by understanding and communicating changing viewing habits across the globe, by informing the development of titles at any given point across the full content lifecycle, by reporting back on title performance and helping BBC Studios sell such content around the globe.
So, what’s in it for you? Let’s start with a bit more about who you’ll be working for.
Who we are:
BBC Studios is a global business of scale, able to fund, create, distribute and commercialise premium content for the BBC and other companies both in the UK and internationally. Working with the best writers, directors, and programme-makers, BBC Studios champions creativity, crafting over 2500 hours of content every year through eight production bases in the UK and production bases and partnerships in a further nine countries around the world.
The Data & Insights team work closely with all parts of the BBC Studios busines: content marketing & customer engagement, digital consumer engagement, production, sales & distribution. Working in close collaboration with other areas of Insight across BBC Studios including other members of the Global Insight Team, regional researchers, Content Planners and PS Audiences teams.
Interested? Here’s a bit more about what the role involves:
- Support the production community, with audience insights that can inform development and further production of Drama, Comedy, Soaps and Children’s, including both long and short from.
- Support the content sales community, to promote our content by highlighting key facts for the programme and the audience.
- Create and nurture relationships with Marketing and Content Leads, under the mentoring and coaching of the Senior Insights Manager.
- Work closely with the data analysts to integrate digital data (e.g. performance of our YouTube and Facebook channels) into reporting
- Deliver performance measurement and reporting for your stakeholders to inform decision making at all levels of the business from the strategic to the tactical.
- Be an expert on our analytic tools (e.g. Techedge, Glance/Mediametrie, Ampere)
- Support in the design and management of ad hoc research projects which will deliver impact for your stakeholders
- Keeps track of wider industry trends and emerging competitors articulate how and why these might affect BBC Studios business.
- Act as an advocate and destination of knowledge for all insight work.
Are you the right candidate?
- The ideal candidate will possess a minimum of 12 months of experience in providing content focused actionable audience insight. You’ll have a track record of extracting insights from analytical tools, ad hoc research projects – both qualitative and quantitative, and will be able to build stories that bring the data to life.
- You’ll have excellent ability to manage relationships – you can forge relationships with key stakeholders and with colleagues, working collaboratively and efficiently.
- You can effectively share knowledge, ideas and skills across the organisation. You can do so creatively, whilst utilizing your analytical skillset to present well-reasoned arguments to convince others.
- You’ll possess a keen & demonstrable interested for Scripted TV Content and the wider TV/Media industry.
- Familiarity with appropriate applications – Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Tableau.
- Experience using TechEdge and a familiarity with BARB ratings data
- You’ll possess an aptitude for employing social listening tools to analyse audience generated content, identifying themes and trends using more qualitative approaches.
- You can utilize performance measurement tools including: SVOD measurement (YouGov Signal), Digital tools (Tubular, Social Bakers etc), and ideally have experience of proactive use of other publicly available tools to narrative and inform insight e.g. Google trends.
“To summarise, for us the ideal candidate will be able to tell compelling stories using insights. This person can connect the dots from past research to apply today. They will be creative, proactive, a highly collaborative team player and above all else, be passionate.“
So if you feel you could bring this role to life in a new and insightful way (pun intended), then apply today to get started.
Contract type: Permanent
Location: London TVC
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days (1 of which is a corporation day) with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
About the BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here