***You must be authorized to work in the United States to be considered for this role.
The Insights & Research Manager is a presentation architect, the voice of the consumer, and an analyst manager.
This role synthesizes market landscape trends, third party data and primary research to create Insights presentations and reports in support of multiple business areas within BBC Studios Americas (US, Canada & LatAm) including Sales, Marketing, Production, Editorial and Consumer Products.
The ideal candidate will be a confident partner to the business providing ad hoc projects as well as maintaining on going tracking. With a wide purview that ranges from Children’s Entertainment to the Podcast market, the Insights Manager is a well-rounded Insights expert.
- Crafts third party data (both linear & streaming consumption) into presentations, reports and summaries to share findings on what the most impactful content in the Americas region influencing Editorial, Production, Sales and Marketing decisions
- Acts as the main point of contact for the Kids division by monitoring market trends to educate Global production partners on activity in the US Kids Entertainment market
- Keeps the business up to date on the Podcast space – covering both production and consumer behavior news – by authoring quarterly reports and collaborating with Strategy and Editorial leads
- Plays a key role in the execution and delivery (both in writing and leading) of presentations utilizing a breadth of insight methodologies
- Maintains a “wide-angle lens” view of the company, quickly understanding the key points of dependencies and facilitate communication across departments, both in the US, CAN and the UK.
- Own and run primary projects (surveys, focus group discussion guides, etc.) in partnership with agencies approximately 2-3 times a year
- Work independently to develop approach and delivery of all above (with guidance and direction from Sr. Director)
- Grow and guide the team associate who supports in all above areas
- High level prioritization will be advised by the Sr. Director of Insights. Strong personal prioritization is crucial for the role’s day-to-day success.
- Many of the projects involve working with colleagues from across BBC Studios, particularly department heads, Americas Marketing and UK based Insight counterparts.
- Contact with key stakeholders across various divisions within BBC Studios Americas will influence approach to managing outputs and responsibilities.
Are you the right candidate?
- Must have strong attention to intricate and varied details
- Strong time management and comfort working with multiple, sometimes conflicting, deadlines & deliverables
- Passion for the media industry and content
- Familiarity with BBC programming and British television, a plus
Knowledge & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Media or Marketing fields
- Proficient in creating presentations to clearly communicate analysis, takeaways and trends
- Proven ability to present complex information in clear visualizations alongside actionable implications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel for creating clean, clear data analysis
- Experience with Nielsen Npower required
- 5-7 years’ experience in media research & insights – prior work in streaming, production or similar industries preferred
- 100% Employer-Paid Medical and Dental Insurance (PPO plans)
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Flexible Working Arrangements / Work-Life Balance
- Free Retirement Consulting to All Employees
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Free Peloton App Membership
- Gym Reimbursement
About the BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here