A wholly-owned subsidiary of the BBC, BBC Studios is a global creative powerhouse for the development, production and distribution of bold, British content. We produce over 2,500 hours of content per year, have offices in 22 markets globally, including six production bases in the UK and production bases and partnerships in a further nine countries around the world. The business generates revenue of 1.4bn, returning around 200m profit to BBC Public Service each year. In the UK, BBC Studios enables audiences to enjoy their favourite BBC programmes and brands outside the licence fee-funded window on alternative platforms, through a range of partnerships, and in multiple formats, from products and magazines to events and experiences.
The insights team plays an essential role in driving the success of the BBC Studios vision, purpose and ambition. Knowing what great digital and linear content looks like and how it makes our end audience feel, no matter where they are, underpins our three main objectives powering up our content and IP, building and growing our branded services and growing our share of customers.
We are looking for an Insights Managerto join our team on a 12 monthfixed term contract
This is a critical role within the Insights team. You will support the Unscripted Insight function to drive BBC Studios production and content sales success. This will be achieved by understanding and communicating changing viewing habits across the globe, by informing the development of titles at any given point across the full content lifecycle, by reporting back on title performance and helping BBC Studios sell such content around the globe.Your work will support a range of business decisions from early stage development discussions through evaluation of broadcast programmes to supporting onward sales of the content.
You will build close relationships with both sides of our production community and with content sales as well other parts of BBC Studios including Unscripted Marketing and Digital Consumer Engagement. Work will be undertaken in close collaboration with other areas of Insight across BBC Studios including other members of the Global Insight Team, regional researchers, Content Planners and Public Service Audiences teams.
Youll have a key focus on theunscripted genres and be the main Insight point of contact for genre and development leads within this space. In addition, you will be responsible for responding to stakeholder needs and managing priorities.
The Ideal Candidate
At BBC Studios, we seek people who are passionate about who we are and what we do.
- You are an essential, trusted advisor on allthingsinsight
- Passionate about the unscripted content world
- Curious about audience behaviour and how it is changing over time
- Know how to identify the true business question, and design a research project to meet the needs of that question
- Skilled in analysing research data to turn it into insights using multiple datasets in one narrative
- Strong communication skills, excellent storyteller, getting to the key insights quickly and clearly
- Builds and maintains excellent relationships with internal partners and the wider business
- Capable ofmultitasking, delivering at pace,working to tightdeadlinesand managing key stakeholder relationships.
- Able to present sound and well-reasoned arguments to convince others
- Experience usingTechedgeor other global TV ratings software
- Empowered to challenge status quo in a collaborative manner
Please note we are looking for an early January 2022 start
Contract type: 12 months FTC / attachment
Location: London, W12
Working pattern: Hybrid working. (Home based plus office based 2-3 days per week.)
We are really proud to share that we are a Level 2 Disability Confident Employer and so if you require any reasonable adjustments in order to apply please do contact us firstname.lastname@example.org the job reference in the subject.We advertise all our roles on Evenbreak, the specialist job board for disabled candidates
- Flexible / agile working-opportunities across the business. Were happy to discuss a formal flexible working pattern. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application.There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits - We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35 hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days (plus an additional day which is a Corporation Day) with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
About the Company
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from under represented groups.We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.We strive to be the best British content company in the world, attracting the best creative talents in the business, so that we can bring premium quality award-winning programmes, content and brands to the viewer no matter where they are.
The BBC Group has set out the first in a new series of bold steps to transform our programming and better represent the public we serve. We have the biggest financial investment to on-air inclusion in the industry, together with our existing commissioning budget, we are committed to throwing open ourdoors more widely than ever to diverse stories and diverse storytellers. Together with a diverse workforce we will accelerate the pace of change in increasing diversity and inclusion both on and off air
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please visit our website.