We are looking for an Integrated Project Manager to manage projects within BBC CREATIVE, the BBC’s in-house Creative Agency. We create multi-platform promotional campaigns and branding for all BBC programmes and services.
We are a team of over 100 – based in London & Salford.
Examples of our work can be seen here:
Be one of a small team of Integrated Project Managers, responsible for a portfolio of projects.
1: Make it happen
Drive the campaign process. Create the conditions for outstanding work at all project stages and on all campaign work. Tenaciously plan and orchestrate projects for effective collaboration within the department and with stakeholders, so that everyone knows what they have to do and by when, from brief to completion. Proactively ensure that people have everything they need to do their work. Ensure that the workflow system is used effectively to track projects.
2: Manage communication
Make marketing colleagues feel safe in your hands. Be the lynchpin that holds marketing and creative together and keeps them working as an effective partnership. Manage stakeholder expectations and proactively keep them up to date with progress ensuring that they know they can completely depend on you to deliver. Always respond promptly to requests/queries, and produce contact reports / status updates as necessary.
3: Lead from the middle
Motivate people to deliver, even when they are faced with challenging tasks, fostering a happy environment. Be confident in your role as Project Manager on the projects you lead. Be seen to be totally on top of your projects, from first awareness through to wash-up and learning. Be a reference point for expert project management advice.
4: On Time, On Budget, Right First Time
Ensure speed, quality, costs and resources are closely managed. Intervene early to keep projects on time, on budget and right first time. Work closely and collaboratively with other functions to do this. Track status and budget throughout each project. Ensure all approvals are obtained in a timely fashion, and make sure that all timing plans, estimates and other documentation are accurate and informative.
5: Develop your personal project radar
This is about both planning ahead and managing risks. Work closely with the Head of Traffic / Project Management to plan for future work and manage incoming work, maximizing our ability to be completely dependable. Constantly assess projects and campaigns for potential risks and manage them before they become problems.
6: Get the best from the BBC Creative team
Lead by example and earn the respect of creative and marketers alike. When working with the rest of the BBC Creative team, inspire and motivate them to do their best. Be open, honest and inclusive in your collaboration whilst also driving results and generating commitment. Do your best to foster a happy workplace, ensuring that everyone working with you feels valued for what they do. Be an advocate for BBC Creative processes and ensure everyone understands the benefits of a tightly managed campaign process. Work with the Head of Traffic / Project Management to evolve and optimise the process in ways that improve quality, efficiency and effectiveness.
As a Project Manager you are specifically responsible for a range of tasks including:
- Setting up new projects in the workflow system, and tracking progress
- Producing and updating status reports
- Resourcing projects and managing these people to deliver their work on time and on brief
- Organising and running Tissue Meetings, Project Planning Meetings and Review Meetings
- Organising and running Project Planning Sessions
- Liaising with marketing and media colleagues on a day-to-day basis, building strong relationships with them
- Producing and updating Production Schedules, Estimates and Timing Plans (and presenting them to marketing and other stakeholders)
- Reconciling project costs against estimates
- Organising reviews and sign off
- Checking supplied assets
- Organising briefings of creative and craft teams
- Briefing and managing suppliers / Partners
- Engaging, briefing and handing-over production to Producers
- Managing approvals
- Managing QA and delivery
- Organising, running and communicating learnings from Wash-up meetings
- Ensuring campaign materials and project documentation are archived
The Ideal Candidate
Knowledge & Experience
- Significant experience of Integrated Project Management.
- An excellent understanding of and track record in the production of promotions and/or commercials along with up to date knowledge of the latest production technology.
- A sound understanding of the marketplace, both internal and external.
- Good negotiating skills in dealing with stakeholders and internal/external contractors.
- Excellent budgetary/finance management skills.
- Knowledge of computer based workflow management systems and of copyright procedures.
- Diplomatic and communication skills to deal tactfully with a variety of people at all levels and to work effectively as a team member.
- Excellent administration & organisational skills.
- Good time management.
- Knowledge of health & safety at work regulations.
Excellent Integrated Project Management skills, with a proven track-record of overseeing the production and delivery of multi-platform advertising/promotional campaigns or other relevant content:
- Resource management
- Production knowledge/understanding
- Project Management (in a creative/agency environment)
- Communication / Stakeholder management
- Forecasting and financial awareness
Contract type: Permanent
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days (1 of which is a corporation day) with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
The situation regarding the coronavirus outbreak is developing quickly and the BBC is keen to continue to ensure the safety and wellbeing of people across the BBC, while continuing to protect our services. To reduce the risk access to BBC buildings is limited to those essential to our broadcast output. From Wednesday 18th March until further notice all assessments and interviews will be conducted remotely. For more information go to https://www.bbc.co.uk/careers/
Mae’r sefyllfa gyda’r coronafeirws yn datblygu’n gyflym, ac mae’r BBC yn awyddus i barhau i sicrhau diogelwch a lles pobl ar draws y BBC, gan barhau i warchod ein gwasanaethau hefyd. I leihau’r risg, dim ond y bobl sy’n hanfodol i’n hallbwn darlledu fydd yn cael mynediad i adeiladau’r BBC. O ddydd Mercher 18fed Mawrth ymlaen, bydd pob asesiad a chyfweliad yn cael ei gynnal o bell, nes rhoddir gwybod yn wahanol. I gael mwy o wybodaeth, ewch i https://www.bbc.co.uk/careers/
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here