Internal Communication and Engagement- Senior Advisor
Internal Communications sits at the heart of the BBC, connecting our organisations employees to each other, sharing announcements and news across divisions.
The Senior Internal Communications and Engagement Advisor is central to ensuring the delivery of events, announcements, engagement activity, and campaigns across all of our divisions.
- Delivering Internal Communications and Engagement activities to a high quality including defining and articulating the messaging through verbal, written and visual methods.
- Ensure timely and tailored delivery of pan-BBC communications campaigns, working with the corporate internal communications team to maximise effectiveness and audience reach.
- Advise the Director responsible for Birmingham and the BBC Academy and teams and colleagues across Birmingham on the most relevant and appropriate approach to internal communications according to knowledge of local audience, channels, and analysis of key audience and stakeholder groups.
- Research and produce high quality online content for the intranet; writing and publishing notices and features for the homepage and creating/refining/updating pages and mini-sites as required.
- Oversee events including ringmains, staff briefings, town halls, roadshows and engagement/ campaign events.
- Create film briefs for key projects, as well as filming and editing short form video.
- Build and maintain excellent relationships throughout the BBC and in particular across the Internal Communications community as well as with management.
- Define and prepare materials to support leadership communication including support team managers to communicate effectively with their teams.
For full remit of responsibilities please see below attached full Job Description.
Are you the right candidate?
- A creative, ideas-driven person.
- Experience of creating branding (logos, templates, visual identity, accompanying guidelines).
- Experience of campaign assets (print and digital posters/banners/brochures/infographics/web pages/animations/gifs/esigs/html content and more).
- Management of a range of communications channels, including bulletins and reports.
- Experience of working with video and animation.
- Experience of using Adobe Creative Suite, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, After Effects.
Contract type: 3 month FTC
Location: The Mailbox, Birmingham
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days holiday with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
About the BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, social background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here