The BBC is committed to redeploying employees seeking suitable alternative employment within the BBC for different reasons and they will be given priority consideration ahead of other applicants. Priority consideration means for those employees seeking redeployment their application will be considered alongside anyone else at risk of redundancy, prior to any individuals being considered who are not at risk.
We are looking for an innovative, inherently creative, and experienced IC&E Senior Advisor – Campaigns & Content, to drive internal communications and pan-BBC campaigns across the business. You will be joining the UK IC&E corporate team formed of 7 marketing and communication specialists, whose remit spans talent retention marketing, employer branding, and internal communications. It is a fast-growing and quickly evolving marketing team, so the ability to wear many hats and manage partnerships with senior-level leaders is crucial. The team sits within the Chief Operating Group of the organisation, which drives BBC’s transformation and engagement programs. As IC&E Senior Advisor - Campaigns & Content, you will identify and develop campaigns that effectively consider regional nuances and opportunities. You will have strong employer brand and internal communications experience, as well as analytics, reporting, research, campaign planning, and writing abilities.
A hands-on role, that will require the ability to manage a series of campaigns and able to pick up ad hoc requests from stakeholders across the business. Reporting to the IC&E Business Partner, who will support you in the management of campaigns, direction, and career development. You will also work closely with the IC&E Lead, as you design and deliver the campaigns together.
- Explore new and creative ideas that make our channels and comms a better experience for our internal audiences, both live and on-demand.
- Work with the corporate internal comms team to make sure our messages reach the right people at the right time.
- Curate our internal channels (like our intranet, staff sessions, monthly updates, and leadership channels) making sure they’re relevant, top quality, and up to date.
- Measure and analyse the way key audiences react to our comms and use this to give advice on the most effective tactics and channels to use.
- Make sure our materials and messages align with the BBC’s bigger-picture messages.
- Manage and oversee production and logistics for events like internal broadcasts, staff briefings, town halls, and roadshows.
- Put together materials to help leaders communicate with their teams.
- Cultivate relationships with people in the wider Internal Communications team and senior leaders across the BBC.
- Work in partnership with our in-house designer on campaigns, making sure it aligns with our brand guidelines.
- Help develop and manage plans for business continuity and crisis comms, bringing us back to business-as-usual as quickly as possible.
- Take responsibility for the IC&E planning calendar.
Are you the right candidate?
- Write (and speak) clearly, assuredly, and concisely, no matter the audience
- Interpret, synthesise, and summarise written text
- Manage a range of channels, including bulletins, posters, and reports
- Create positive relationships with the team and with stakeholders
- Solve problems quickly and simply
- Manage several tasks effectively
- Work effectively without supervision
- Be a good ambassador for BBC values and behaviours
Contract type: Permanent
Location: Flexible as to BBC location / hybrid working / work from home
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days (1 of which is a corporation day) with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
About the BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here