International News is at the heart of the BBC. BBC News Group employs approximately 1,500 staff in 74 news bureaux around the world. We provide multimedia services to a global weekly audience of over 350 million, in English and 42 languages around the clock, every day of the year. The bureaux react to breaking news, provide news updates and analysis and produce live programme and online output. In a highly competitive market, delivering to both UK Licence Fee payers and commercial partners, BBC News services must be reliable and consistent and continue to meet the high standards expected by our audiences.
We are recruiting an International Operations Executive in Nairobi, this is an exciting opportunity for an experienced manager to join the team in Kenya.
International Operations provides the infrastructure and production facilities for BBC News around the globe. You will be responsible for running a safe, compliant and efficient bureau.
You will manage a team and be expected to work collaboratively with a range of stakeholders including editorial, HR and finance. You will be expected to challenge inefficiency, propose and embrace change where it would lead to improvement, and be a creative problem solver. You will take a strategic view of your bureau and team needs, feeding into International Operations change projects and taking direct responsibility for some project work as appropriate.
The Ideal Candidate
- Demonstrable experience of delivering administrative and finance services in a mid-sized organisation of 60 – 300 employees.
- Experience in multiple internal and external stakeholder management.
- An effective communicator, both internally and externally for the organisation on all mediums with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience in responding to situations in volatile, changing and potentially hostile environments.
- Proven experience in ensuring compliance and timely escalation to avoid legal and reputational risk to the organisation.
- Demonstrated experience in process improvement and project management.
- Advanced computer skills with extensive demonstrable experience of office software packages (i.e. Word, Excel and PowerPoint). Knowledge of MS Teams and Quickbooks would be an advantage.
- Fluency in local language and high-level English.
Based in Nairobi, Kenya
Local terms and conditions apply
Any offer of employment with the BBC will be conditional upon you having the right to work in Kenya.
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here